Securing Your Website with HTTPS: What It Is and Why You Need It—Now
There is a growing appetite for the ability to browse the web securely. Trends clearly show that the public’s tolerance for the non-secure-site-as-default is waning fast. Increasingly, sites that are not secure get called out publicly by users via social media channels; they cannot achieve higher search engine rankings, and they become vulnerable to security breaches and lawsuits.
If your organization is not serving its public-facing and internal sites over HTTPS, then you will want to come learn more about what HTTPS is, why your organization needs it, and how to make the case for this method of encryption back at the office.
Come learn about:
- The difference between HTTP and HTTPS
- The benefits and challenges of getting your site on HTTPS
- Free tools and services
- Tips and best practices when planning for and implementing HTTPS
- How to garner support for the switch inside your organization
This session will be designed for our non-technical colleagues. It will be delivered in plain language and there will be a generous amount of time left for questions and answers.
- Understand browser privacy and the current trend toward browser encryption, and differences between security and privacy
- Review the steps to switch to HTTPS, ways to mitigate risk, and the tools and services available to you
- Learn how to make a solid case for HTTPS inside your organization