How to Use Facebook’s Free Fundraising Tools to Drive Donations
In the last year, Facebook launched an entirely new set of tools to help nonprofits more easily raise funds on the platform. US-based 501(c)(3) nonprofits can now collect donations with this suite of tools on their Facebook pages, via Facebook Live videos, and via ads and even individual posts.
In this session, you learn the pros and cons of using these tools in your online fundraising campaigns, and we will walk through a brief step-by-step guide to using these potentially powerful tools to raise money!
- An up-to-date overview of Facebook’s free fundraising tools
- How to determine if these tools are a good fit for your nonprofit
- How to sign up, register, and get started right away
- How to get your online community to fund raise for you using Facebook fundraisers
- How to use Facebook Live streaming broadcasts in your online fundraising campaigns
- Answers to the most frequently asked questions about Facebook’s fundraising tools
- Identify the pros and cons of the four main types of fundraising tools on Facebook
- Select and set up the best and most appropriate Facebook fundraising tool for your organization's goals
- Effectively engage your online communities to use the free tools to raise money for your organization
J Campbell Social Marketing
Author, Trainer, Speaker
Julia Campbell has been involved with the social good sector her whole life, from coordinating food drives as a child to volunteering at homeless shelters in high school to assisting NGOs in Senegal, West Africa and beyond. In her current position, she consults and trains nonprofits on the best ways to use digital tools to raise money and awareness for their organizations. Her blog is consistently featured in the list of Top 150 Nonprofit Blogs in the world, and she is currently publishing a book on storytelling and social media with Charity Channel Press. Find her blog and contact information at: www.jcsocialmarketing.com
Individual Giving Officer
Mental Health America
Digital Marketing Manager
Jennifer is the Digital Marketing Manager at Mental Health America and assists with the development and implementation of online marketing strategies to promote programs, web-based resources and the website. She supports the individual giving program - including acknowledgment letters, donor research, donor inquiries, and database entry; and provides general support for online fundraising. After taking on the role of Digital Marketing Manager in 2017, Jennifer oversaw a triple digit percentage increase in Mental Health America's social media followers on Twitter and Instagram. Jennifer also organized and executed a successful Giving Tuesday campaign in 2017 that raised over $10,000 for Mental Health America's programs - a 1,000% jump from the previous year. Jennifer curates, creates, and schedules content for all of Mental Health America's social media handles, manages Mental Health America's Chiming In Blog, and handles the schedule for the email list. In addition to managing Mental Health America's web presence, Jennifer also assists with sponsorship acquisition for the Annual Conference. Jennifer lives in Alexandria, VA - just outside of Washington, DC. She works part-time on Saturdays at Lakeshore Learning Store teaching arts and crafts to grade school children. She also spends her Sundays volunteering at Wegman's Wonderplace at the National Museum of American History.