Keynote Speaker: Erricka Bridgeford
Erricka Bridgeford trains mediators, teaches conflict resolution skills, co-organizes a movement that rallies Baltimore City to avoid violence during three-day weekends and performs rituals for every person who is murdered in Baltimore. Her life has been impacted by murder since she was 12 years old, and she has been working for over 20 years to ensure that murder does not have the last say. From addressing rape culture, to advocating for death penalty repeal, Bridgeford’s ability to influence social injustice is fueled by her commitment to transform her personal pain into “hope in action.”
Bridgeford is the director of training at Community Mediation Maryland, co-founder and co-organizer of Baltimore Ceasefire 365, and an inspirational speaker. Her awards and recognitions include: Outstanding Volunteer Contribution to Victim’s Services by the Governor’s Office of Crime Control and Prevention (2015), Best Baltimorean by City Paper (2017), Peacemaker of the Year by Baltimore Community Mediation Center (2017) and Marylander of the Year by The Baltimore Sun (2017).
Whether you’re new to mindfulness and meditation, a lifelong practitioner, or somewhere in between, join us for an informal guided meditation session and discussion. We’ll take some time to meditate and chill. We’ll also engage in a discussion about how mindfulness can be a powerful tool to combat the stressors of living in a hyperconnected world and find the right balance between our work and personal lives.
This community activity will be facilitated by Meico Marquette Whitlock, a speaker and trainer on mindfulness and technology and the founder of Mindful Techie.
- 11 _____s Walk Into a Bar: Stories & Tactics for Off-Season Wins
- 30 Google Ad Grant Tips in 30 Minutes
- 5 Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Fails (And How to Avoid Them)
- A Holistic Approach to Email Deliverability, From Acquisition to Analysis
- Backups Aren’t Disaster Recovery: Effective DR Planning for Your Organization
- Basic Accessibility Techniques for All
- Can Diversity and Inclusion Be Taught?
- Choosing and Using Color
- Click. Click. Done. Must-Have Google Analytics Settings
- Data Security: Just Tell Me What to Do Please!
- Fast Ideation with a Simple Sketching Method: Design Studio
- Fresh I.D.E.A.s for Inclusion in Your Donor Base
- From Exploitation to Empathy: Ethical Representation in Fundraising Communications
- How Nonprofits Can Harness the Power of Games for Impact
- Keep Your Shiny, New Website Shiny and New
- Sketchnotes: Tools and Tips for Improving Visual Communications
- Take Five: Building Five-Minute Brain Breaks for Productivity & Joy
- Visualize Your Data in 30 Minutes or Less
- Who Cares Where You’re Working, as Long as You’re Working!?
This morning, we will hear from six different speakers sharing their stories in the Ignite format. Ignites are fun, fast-paced, thought-provoking presentations strictly limited to five minutes and 20 slides, which advance automatically every 15 seconds.
The Ignite theme for 20NTC asks, “How have you used technology or the internet to make a change in your organization, the community, or the world?”
The NTC is a place where we talk about technology and how to use it in so many ways. These six Ignite presentations are talks about using technology for real change, inspiring others to think differently, plan boldly, and make an impact.
- Aligning Your Whole Organization Around a Digital Transformation
- Best Practices in Building Data Science Capacity at a Nonprofit
- Hacking Pay Inequality and Shattering Glass Ceilings: Women in Tech
- Improv Saves the Nonprofit: Boosting Culture & Team Creativity
- Racial Affinity — Strategies for Working in Organizations and Systems
Gather for a lunchtime yoga session to center yourself in the middle of all the NTC learnings and connecting. Let us know your aches and pains and get an on-the-spot reset! Don't worry about what you're wearing, and don't bother bringing a yoga mat. Your experienced yoga teachers will make it friendly for beginners and advanced yoga practitioners alike.
Activity facilitator will be Julie Ziff Sint
- 20/20 Vision: 20 Digital KPIs You Should Be Watching Now
- 4 Strategies for Meaningful Money Conversations With Your Board
- A/B Testing: Mistakes Everyone Makes (And How to Avoid Them)
- Attribution Everywhere: Integrate Your Data Systems, Get the Bigger Picture
- Best Practices in Smart & Secure Data Collection
- Build Dashboards Like a Boss — for Your Boss
- Choosing and Working Successfully With a CRM Implementation Partner
- Creating Kick-Ass Major Donor Communications
- Digital Security Training Successes: Use Fun, Not Fear
- Don’t Get Played by the Product Demo!
- Don’t Micromanage Your Social Media Manager
- Experience Mapping: The Fundamentals that Drive Powerful Engagement
- Front Office/Back Office, How to Facilitate Communication
- Impact Cascades: the Adaptive Approach to Evaluation
- Making Virtual Reality a Reality for Your Nonprofit
- Mindfulness, Happiness, and Well-Being: There’s an App for That!
- The Unintended Consequences of Our Design Choices
- Using the Donor Journey to Organize and Maximize Your Fundraising
- Zapier, Appscripts, and Slack, Oh My! Automating All the Things!
Join us for a lunch time stroll!
Join NTEN board member Beth Kanter for a 30-minute lunchtime stroll to take mini-break from the conference, get some fresh air, and network with other participants. It is called a "Stroll," to be as inclusive as possible - s stands for slowest person sets the pace for the group and roll is because not everyone walks some people roll!
- 20 Tests in 30 Minutes
- 30 Million Yearly Views: How I Grew Our YouTube Channel
- Accessibility for Teams in a Hurry
- Action Tips to Engage Hispanic and Latino Community Members
- Apps, Tools, and Tactics to Be a Nonprofit Olympian!
- Bring ’Em Back: Planning and Managing Email Re-Engagement Campaigns
- Cut the Drudgery: Using Python to Automate Routine Tasks
- Don’t Stop Believing — 4 Journeys to Engage Supporters Faithfully
- Everyday Accessibility: How Everyone Can Make Digital Products More Accessible
- Get Your Sheet Together: Building a Content Audit Google Sheet
- Project Management for Nonprofit Content Marketing Simplified
- The Zen of IT Security: Balancing Safety and Usability
- Website Design Tweaks Can Make a Big Difference