$160,000 to $185,000
Sep 7, 2023
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund is a private grantmaking foundation dedicated to advancing the realization of human rights and the effective advancement of social justice for all people. We ground our work in our respect for the inherent worth and dignity of every person, and we prioritize the advancement of racial, gender, and economic justice across all our programs. Through domestic and international grantmaking, Wellspring strives to cultivate accountable social systems and structures that uphold human dignity, strengthen the agency, advance equity for all people, and contribute to making real change that matters. As responsible stewards, we strive to maximize the impact of our charitable investments and make a tangible difference in shifting conditions that materially affect people’s lives. Wellspring has offices in New York, NY, and Washington, DC.
For more information, please visit www.wpfund.org.
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund seeks a highly experienced and motivated Senior Systems and Network Engineer with a strong background in Microsoft environments, networking, virtualization technologies, and automation to join our IT team. This role will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining network and systems solutions, managing infrastructure as a service (IaaS), and resolving system errors and inefficiencies to ensure computer systems are running smoothly and effectively. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in designing and managing Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace environments.
• Meeting with the management team to assess and define system and network requirements.
• Design, configure, manage, and secure Active Directory, Azure AD, Endpoint Manager, Group Policy, and Google Workspace.
• Oversee and ensure the optimal performance and security of our server, network, and cloud environments.
• Design and administer virtual environments with a focus on Hyper-V and VMware VCenter.
• Manage and troubleshoot networking systems.
• Contribute to the scripting and automation efforts, utilizing Python and PowerShell to streamline system management and operations.
• Provide advanced troubleshooting, identify potential problem areas, and lead root cause analysis to prevent future incidents.
• Support system lifecycle management activities including planning, design, implementation, and support of new systems, upgrades, and modifications.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure system compatibility and improve end-user experience.
• Create and maintain detailed documentation of systems architecture, configurations, network topology and analytics, procedures, change management processes, and service records.
• Responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting backup solutions as well as verifying the integrity of the backups regularly.
• Plan and lead large-scale enterprise migration projects between different platforms for email and/or document management.
• Oversee Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace environments and manage all related administrative tasks, including user management, security settings, and third-party integrations.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot complex network and systems issues in a timely manner.
• Perform system and network upgrades and patches to ensure the highest level of security and performance.
• Coordinate with other IT team members and stakeholders to ensure seamless integration of new technologies into existing systems.
• Provide mentorship and technical guidance to junior team members.
• Use comprehensive knowledge and skills to work independently while training other IT members on supporting systems and services.
• In order to minimize downtime and loss of productivity for staff there will be times when the Senior Systems and Network Engineer as well as other members of the IT team are required to work after hours to meet key responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience or certifications in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
• 7-10 years of experience, 5 of those in a systems and network engineering lead role, with a focus on Microsoft technologies, Google Workspace, platform migration, and networking.
• Proven experience leading enterprise systems integrations and platform migrations.
• Experience moving on-premise servers and resources to a cloud environment.
• Experience migrating and implementing single sign-on solutions with zero trust configuration.
• Extensive experience in managing and optimizing network infrastructures.
• Familiarity with RADIUS and 802.1x standards and best practices.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft tools such as PowerShell, Azure DevOps, Visual Studio, or other IDE’s.
• Experience with database management software, such as MySQL, Oracle RDBMS, and Microsoft SQL Server a plus.
• Experience with managing and securing Linux and Windows Servers in an Azure environment.
• Good knowledge of networking protocols, such as TCP, IP, and OSI models.
• Experience managing and configuring firewalls, routers, switches, VLANs, and VPNs.
• In-depth knowledge of cloud architecture and management with a focus on Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
• Relevant certifications (such as Microsoft Azure Network Engineer Associate, Google Associate Cloud Engineer, Cisco Certified Network Professional, ITIL) will be a plus.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to diagnose and resolve complex network and systems issues.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to work under pressure.
• Understands and values social justice, including racial and gender equity as an organizational operating principle – and is committed to continued learning on issues related to race, gender, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
• Willing and able to, on occasion, address staff needs related to Level III or Level IV tickets. A team player who exudes flexibility and the desire to support members of the IT team and staff if needed.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position. The team member may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary range of $160,000 – $185,000 commensurate with experience.
Wellspring offers a very generous benefits package including payment of 100% of the health insurance premiums for employees (and 80% of the premiums for spouses, domestic partners, and qualified family members). Wellspring also offers other benefits including life insurance, long-term disability protection, a group 401(k) retirement plan (with an employer contribution), support for continuing education, up to $5,250 in annual student loan repayment or college savings assistance for qualified dependents and is committed to providing transgender-inclusive healthcare.
WELLSPRING’S INSTITUTIONAL CULTURE OF RESPECT, EQUITY, INCLUSION AND BELONGING
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund believes we are strengthened by the diversity of our staff, and welcomes such diversity including race, gender identity or expression, educational attainment, disability, veteran status, and personal experience with the criminal justice system. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and we strongly encourage people of color and persons with disabilities to apply. We actively cultivate an institutional culture that reflects the values of respect, equity and inclusion that we seek through our work to amplify in the larger world.
Wellspring hires, promotes, and retains employees based on their professional qualifications, demonstrated abilities, and work performance, as well as the degree to which these qualities are required in the employment positions made available by the Foundation’s service needs and business requirements. All personnel decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, discipline and discharge, are made without discrimination based on any protected characteristic as defined by law (e.g., race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, domestic partner status, veteran or military status, domestic violence victim/survivor status, height, weight, genetic predisposition or carrier status, and prior arrest or criminal conviction records, as well as educational attainment.)
This role is expected to work from the Wellspring NY office on a hybrid schedule. Staff are required to be fully vaccinated and to work from the office Tuesday – Thursday and have the option to work remotely Monday and Friday.
HOW TO APPLY
Gotham, a boutique staffing firm with extensive expertise in modern infrastructure technologies, has been retained for this search. Neil Walker is leading this search. To recommend candidates or to express your interest in this role, please email NWalker@gothamtg.com. All nominations, inquiries, and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
Applications for the role should include:
• A current resumé
• A thoughtful cover letter
• Your salary requirements
If we can make the application process easier through accommodation, please let us know.
NOTE: All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United States at the time of hire to be considered for this position.
New York City