Senior Digital Membership Associate
Tucson or Remote
Reports to Online Fundraising Director
General position overview:
The Center for Biological Diversity seeks a full-time Senior Digital Membership Associate to join its Development / Membership team.
The Senior Digital Membership Associate will manage social media advertising campaigns, leading efforts to acquire new donors and supporters and raise funds across online channels. This position will be integral to the day-to-day operations on social media, petition sites, and other platforms to engage the Center’s base of 1.7 million supporters and members and expand it significantly.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for saving wildlife and wild places; a background in digital advertising and marketing; progressive causes and/or digital fundraising and membership growth; basic graphic editing skills; an interest in data-driven digital optimization; and a talent for sharp, hard-hitting copywriting that moves the needle.
Our ideal candidate is self-starting, data-driven, and results-oriented. They work well both independently and collaboratively and can thrive in a fast-paced organization.
From day one they’ll be creating compelling and effective social media advertising campaigns to help the Center fight for wildlife and biodiversity and to stop the extinction crisis.
The Senior Digital Membership Associate reports to the Online Fundraising Director. While the Center for Biological Diversity is based in Tucson, Arizona, the position can be remote, with occasional travel to Tucson or other places where the Center holds gatherings or events.
- Develop, execute and optimize innovative digital advertising campaigns across paid and organic channels, including for lead generation, fundraising asks, advocacy actions and donor conversion.
- Manage the Center’s main digital advertising accounts (Meta, Google) and third-party petition websites (such as Change.org), including A/B testing, optimization, data reporting and analysis.
- Use data to drive strategies and tactics, including strategic list segmenting and audience targeting for ad campaigns and other communications.
- Support the Center’s robust email fundraising program, including drafting, producing and sending fundraising and stewardship emails.
- Produce and test landing pages of petitions and donation forms.
- Coordinate in a fast-paced and collaborative environment with conservation program and digital communications staff to deliver accurate, compelling and urgent calls to action to members and supporters.
- Staying informed of trends in the digital, social media and acquisition space to drive future acquisition and conversion initiatives.
- Other relevant duties assigned.
Essential qualifications and skills:
- At least two years of experience managing a Facebook advertising account and strategy for a fast-paced organization in conservation, environmental, or similar advocacy-based org.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leveraging key performance indicators to develop, test and optimize fundraising tactics, campaigns, and content.
- Ability to quickly distill complex environmental issues at the intersection of law, policy, and science into compelling and persuasive social media copy.
- Ability to juggle multiple complex campaigns, priorities, issues and timelines.
- A mission-minded self-starter able to work independently or collaboratively with a geographically distributed digital team and organization.
- Experience using graphic design platforms (e.g., Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) to create visually interesting and engaging images.
- Experience producing HTML e-mails within a CRM system.
- Strong decision-making skills, and keen judgment about what will work for donor retention, recruitment and upgrade campaigns.
- Track record of developing creative content that engages diverse communities and deepens relationships with existing supporters.
- Strong project-management skills and ability to meet deadlines and prioritize both short- and longer-term goals.
- A passion for and knowledge of the natural world and biodiversity
- Willingness to speak up and offer recommendations, suggestions and ideas.
- Strong understanding of and commitment to justice, equity, diversity, accessibility, and inclusion.
- Experience with EveryAction, ROI Solutions.
- Video production and editing expertise, including design tactics and ability to produce video content for social media.
- Prior experience with Google advertising is a plus.
- Experience developing and/or building landing pages for campaigns.
- Experience engaging with and building strategic relationships with influencers, potential partners, and vendors.
- Sense of humor and positive attitude.
- College degree.
Salary Range: $60,500 – $70,000
- Fully paid medical premiums for staff, and greatly discounted for families.
- Fully paid dental and vision premiums for staff and their families.
- Generous employer contribution to HSA and HRA’s.
- Center paid premiums for Short Term and Long Term Disability provided for all staff.
- Center paid premiums for Basic Life Insurance for all staff.
- Discounted premiums for pet discount program.
- 403(b) plan with employer match and increasing employer paid contributions.
- Generous time off policies, including 13 paid holidays per year, 3 “personal” days per year and 10 paid sick days awarded each year.
- Vacation accrual starts at 15 days annually, but it may be higher commensurate with experience.
- Center Paid Time Off for parental leave, personal leave, caretaker leave and even pet caretaker leave.
- After 5 years of service, all employees receive a 12-week paid sabbatical.
- Relaxed work atmosphere and dress code.
Application Process: Please apply online at https://www.biologicaldiversity.org/about/jobs/
The Center for Biological Diversity deeply values, and is committed to sustaining and promoting, both biological and cultural diversity. We welcome, embrace and respect diversity of people, identities and cultures. We are committed to fostering an organizational culture of diversity and inclusion. The Center believes staff and board diversity is critical to saving life on Earth.
We are an equal opportunity employer.