The Salesforce Administrator is responsible for the management and build-out of the Marin Community Foundation Salesforce installation. This position will not only maintain the current Salesforce installation, but work to expand it by providing new reports, dashboards, process flows, and integrations with other products. Working closely with colleagues throughout the foundation, the administrator will identify, develop and deploy new functionality on Salesforce to support business processes. This role is part technical project manager, part administrator, part Salesforce analyst, and 100% dedicated to MCF’s mission and to helping MCF increase both impact and efficiencies.
The Salesforce Administrator Manager reports directly to the Vice President for Information Technology.
- Learn and maintain the existing Salesforce platform and its current data integration with external systems. Ensure consistent usability and drive end-user adoption through training, support, and documentation for both current and new staff.
- Configure Profiles, Roles, Permission Sets, and Sharing Settings to support our user base of 60+ users.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to understand business needs and help translate business requirements into technical designs, defining technical solutions to support business work processes and bring the design to life in Salesforce.
- Configure and customize systems to meet requirements — this includes the creation of workflow rules and process builder flows.
- Participate in cross-functional teams that address strategic business issues across departments aligning business processes with Salesforce and custom ERP best practices.
- Document customizations made in Salesforce.
- Create and maintain reporting and dashboards within Salesforce. Assist with ad hoc reporting requests and optimize the user experience.
- Create and maintain profiles and roles hierarchy to ensure the accuracy and security of data.
- Maintain data quality through ongoing data analysis, mass updates, record deduplication, and other related tasks, and identify and implement process improvements that contribute to improved data quality.
- Suggest and, as approved, implement add-on products to enhance the Salesforce environment that supports organizational strategic objectives.
The Salesforce Administrator will be evaluated by the Vice President for Information Technology on their ability to perform the essential functions of the position, the ability to utilize the skills described below; the ability to meet annual individual and departmental goals; and the ability to complete job duties in a professional, cooperative, and timely manner. The incumbent will also be evaluated on their communication skills and professional interactions with staff, as well as their ability to listen carefully, think critically, and understand issues.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong Salesforce product knowledge and hands-on administration experience.
- 3-5 years of Salesforce Administration is required; experience with Salesforce Lightning and Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) is highly desirable.
- Certified Salesforce Administrator certificate with additional Trailhead badges and/or Superbadges. Additional Salesforce certifications like Advanced Administrator and Platform App Builder a plus.
- Demonstrated experience gathering requirements for and creating reports, dashboards, and campaigns.
- Experience implementing and managing flows, assignment rules, approval processes, both page and dynamic page layouts, record types, fields, custom fields, apps, actions, validation rules and custom settings.
- Demonstrated proficiency in user security, profile and role management, custom objects, permission sets, security, workflow and validation rules, formulas, dashboards & reporting.
- Experience with integration software (KingswaySoft or equivalent) and external data import methods (Data Loader, Import Wizard).
- Experience with Marketing Cloud or Pardot.
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce and other integrated systems.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with fundraising and/or event solutions.
- Custom Portal design and integration and/or Experience Cloud (Communities).
- Experience creating technical and staff-facing documentation.
- Nonprofit/fundraising/grantmaking sector experience (Outbound Funds)
- Experience with Donor Advised Funds
MCF provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Pay range is $115k-$120k per year plus benefits.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to Nikki Collins firstname.lastname@example.org