$60,000 to $75,000
May 26, 2023
Job Title: Resource Analyst
The Michael J. Fox Foundation (MJFF) is seeking top talent for its Resource Analyst position. The Resource Analyst will join the Enterprise Planning & Analysis (EP&A) team within MJFF’s Strategy & Planning department. The Strategy & Planning department plays a critical role in advancing MJFF’s mission by aligning operational plans with strategic priorities. Strategy & Planning works alongside the Finance and Technology departments within the Administration business unit. Our leadership principles include: 1) Build partnerships, 2) Demonstrate expertise, 3) Solve for scale, 4) Expect change, and 5) Develop talent.
The Resource Analyst will work closely with our Enterprise Project Management Office (PMO) to develop and maintain resource allocation plans and project schedules to ensure personnel are allocated efficiently and effectively to meet organizational objectives. The successful candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent communication and collaboration abilities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
· Develop and maintain resource allocation plans and project schedules to ensure optimal utilization of personnel.
· Collaborate with project managers and other stakeholders to understand resource needs and requirements.
· Monitor resource utilization and make recommendations for adjustments as needed to ensure efficient use of resources.
· Identify and resolve resource allocation conflicts, working with stakeholders to prioritize needs and identify alternative solutions.
· Develop and maintain reports on resource utilization, including forecasting and trend analysis.
· Collaborate with Human Resources and other teams to ensure that staffing needs are met and that resources are allocated appropriately.
· Manage and maintain resource allocation tools and systems to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
· Continuously monitor and evaluate resource allocation processes, identifying opportunities for improvement and making recommendations for changes as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Demonstrated expertise in resource allocation, capacity planning, project scheduling, or a related field.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze data and make data-driven decisions.
· Familiarity with resource allocation tools and systems, such as resource management software, capacity planning software, and project management tools.
· Excellent communication and collaboration abilities, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
· Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $60,000 – $75,000. In addition to salary, The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
· 15+ options for medical insurance (with MJFF paying 90 percent of the premiums)
· Competitive dental and vision plans
· 401(k) plan with a 6 percent employer contribution
· Flexible spending accounts
· Employer paid life and disability insurance
· 18 days Paid Time Off (PTO); 12 Well-Being (Sick) Days; 1 Floating Holiday; summer Fridays (office closure at 2 pm) and a summer holiday week over July 4.
Employees are also eligible for a discretionary bonus on an annual basis. MJFF provides staff and leadership cultivation through regular training courses and events. The Foundation values workplace flexibility, providing guidelines to support hybrid, flexible work at MJFF. We trust all employees to work closely with their manager and colleagues to determine when, where and how programs and projects get done.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing through examples their specific qualifications and interest in the position. If you think that your skills are transferable and can add value to this role, please apply. Applicants who best match the position’s needs will be contacted.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus—thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest nonprofit funder of Parkinson’s disease research, having funded over $1.5 billion in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
Visit www.michaeljfox.org for more information.
At The Michael J. Fox Foundation (MJFF), the health and safety of our team and our community is a priority. MJFF has made the decision to require all staff receive the COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment. Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated by date of hire and proof of vaccine is required. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of two-dose vaccine or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, because of medical or religious reasons, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration.
MJFF is an equal-opportunity employer. The Michael J. Fox Foundation strongly encourages applications from individuals who will contribute to our efforts to build and support a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. Diversity may refer to characteristics including, but not limited to, race, religion, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic circumstance, geographic background, ability and disability, political ideology and age.