$80,000 to $115,000
Jan 22, 2024
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a seasoned project manager to join the Percolator Consulting team. As a project manager, you will lead Salesforce implementation projects as part of an expert and collaborative Agile team. You will keep developers organized and on track, and work with a technical architect to make sure what we build serves the client’s needs and advances their mission. You’ll write documentation, develop training materials, and partner with our business development team. You will also help shape how we operate and how our consulting practices evolve. The ideal candidate has a track record of leading successful projects and knows what it takes for technology projects and Agile teams to provide real-world benefits for nonprofit clients.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, and QUALITIES OF OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
● 3+ years of professional experience as a project manager for software implementation or other technical projects, preferably using Agile methodologies
● A deep understanding of how nonprofit organizations operate, and how they use Salesforce to power fundraising, volunteer management, communications, activism, etc. Experience working for, or closely with, a nonprofit organization is required.
● Professional experience as a Salesforce user or admin in a nonprofit context
● Strong communication and presentation skills and a high degree of comfort leading client meetings and demos
● Ability to work independently in a remote work environment, self-manage your time and tasks, and effectively communicate when you need support
● A commitment to diversity and inclusion
OTHER PLUSES INCLUDE:
● Experience with Salesforce.org’s Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP)
● Salesforce Admin certification
● Experience working for a consulting firm. Bonus if it’s with a nonprofit-focused Salesforce consulting firm.
● Experience with other cloud tools that nonprofits use for fundraising, organizing, events, etc. (like Raiser’s Edge, Click & Pledge, Fundraise Up, Capitol Canary, FormAssembly, Eventbrite, etc.)
● Experience with broadcast email platforms like Campaign Monitor, Pardot, Mailchimp, etc.
PRIMARY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
● Project Management: Lead Agile Salesforce implementation projects for Percolator’s clients as part of 3-6 person teams.
● Consulting Practice Management: In collaboration with Partners and other Project Managers, manage the project calendar and team assignments, and work to improve consulting processes continually.
Because Percolator is a small firm, all staff are generalists to some extent. In addition to the primary duties above, this role will also help out in other ways from time to time, which may include serving as a Salesforce implementor on projects or for retainer clients, assisting with business development calls, participating in hiring committees, etc.
Occasional overnight travel may be required for company events and conferences.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $80K-$115K, depending on experience, plus lots of additional benefits:
● Work from anywhere in the US with reasonable flexibility over your daily work schedule
● Lots of PTO: 3 weeks vacation (increases to 4 weeks after 3 years), unlimited sick days, 11 paid holidays, plus an extra paid week off for company closure at the end of each year
● 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance; 50% employer-paid insurance for qualified spouse, domestic partner, or dependents
● 100% employer-paid life insurance
● Retirement plan with 3% employer match
● Paid family leave
● Monthly allowance for coworking space, internet, cellphone
● Your choice of a computer upon hire and upgrade every 3 years, plus budget for office equipment and supplies
● Individual professional development planning and budget
We walk the talk when it comes to sustainable careers and we’re committed to work/life balance and family-friendly work culture. Percolator is an equal-opportunity employer and values team diversity.
ABOUT PERCOLATOR CONSULTING
Our team shares a passion for providing digital tools to progressive nonprofits that help them achieve their missions. We work to deeply understand the challenges our clients have and then combine strategy and technology to build lasting solutions to support the crucial work they do. We care about equity, human rights, and environmental stewardship, and partner with US and international clients focused on those issues. Our client list includes organizations like the Climate and Clean Energy Equity Fund, Way to Win, First Nations Technology Council, and the Alliance for the Great Lakes.
We are a Salesforce partner but we don’t just do Salesforce implementations — our work also encompasses broad technology strategy and big implementations with partners that include web frameworks like Pyramid and Drupal. We are small but mighty: we take on complex Salesforce builds with custom code that other small shops shy away from, but always with an eye toward minimizing our clients’ technical debt. All of our staff come from nonprofit backgrounds. Like our clients, we’ve also been fundraisers, campaigners, program managers, and nonprofit administrators, and that domain expertise sets us apart. The team at Percolator is tight-knit and growing, with ten staff and about half as many regular contractors, spread out across the US.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter and resume, CV, or LinkedIn profile to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Project Manager. The position is open until filled and we’ll be reviewing applicants on a rolling basis. All candidates must be authorized to work lawfully in the US.
We are committed to growing the diversity of our team, and we strongly encourage candidates who hold marginalized identities and nontraditional professional backgrounds to apply. In our hiring practices, we commit to providing a consistent process for all candidates that attempts to counter bias.