Provoc is an impact-driven communications firm committed to centering our work on racial equity while helping heal some of the world’s biggest challenges. We use all the tools and resources of a creative agency to partner with nonprofits, foundations, businesses, and social change organizations in service of positive change and a truly diverse, equitable, and inclusive future for the health of people and the planet. To learn more about our work, projects, and clients, visit www.provoc.me.
We seek an experienced, detail-oriented, and impact-driven Project Manager to ensure that client projects function at the highest level of excellence by resourcing projects efficiently; creating and keeping the project schedule; keeping team members on task; managing the project budget; and implementing other project management best practices to help yield the best results. Project Managers on our team have a dynamic partnership with the Lead Strategist on projects, which include brand and messaging, marketing campaigns, websites, data analysis, graphic design, and more. It is a fast-paced, creative, problem-solving, and strategic role with critical responsibilities. Our Project Managers are oriented toward meeting project goals and are expected to protect Provoc against scope creep and other factors that threaten company sustainability.
In addition, Project Managers collaborate with strategists and the Business Development team to scope new projects, ensuring that potential client pitches and proposals align with Provoc’s profitability and impact standards.
- Manage multiple project budgets, scopes, schedules, and profitability, with regular communication and reporting with internal stakeholders (Interim Leadership, Business Development, accountant, etc.) and client team.
- Manage an average of 4 – 6 projects at a time.
- Maintain updated records of project budgets, external costs, and project details in Resource Management; communicating budget changes to internal and client teams.
- Communicate weekly updates on project progress, adjusted timelines, budget changes, and roadblocks facing the project.
- Manage project phases and schedules in SmartSheet; communicate deadlines to internal and client teams.
- Manage ongoing billable project team resourcing in Resource Management.
- Organize and maintain all project documents and files in Basecamp and Google Drive.
- Coordinate and schedule all relevant and necessary internal and client-facing meetings via Google Calendar across multiple calendars, and facilitate as appropriate.
- Monitor tasks, project modifications, and scope creep, and adjust project deliverables and schedules when needed.
- Capture and distribute detailed meeting notes; confirm, track, and follow up on the next steps.
- Develop change orders for additional work based on project needs; communicate change orders to the Business Development team for tracking quarterly sales revenue.
- Coordinate with the Business Development team to ensure that proposed project budgets have been vetted with appropriate estimates.
- Work with the Business Development team to turn signed contracts into workable scopes and project schedules, communicating deliverables, decision-making protocols, and individual team member participation with client and internal stakeholders.
- Write and manage contracts for billable project vendors and hard costs.
- Regularly participate in the weekly Project Management team meeting to coordinate company-wide resourcing needs related to individual client projects.
- Participate in and collaborate on organizational efforts to grow and improve our service offerings more broadly.
- Execute project close-out evaluations with the team and client.
Below is a list of desired, not required, qualifications. We do not expect candidates to have all of these qualifications, and we encourage you to apply if you have 5 or more of the following qualifications.
- Demonstrated lived and or/ work experience in contexts that center equity and social justice.
- 3 years of project management experience within the communications/social impact industries (agency or firm experience preferred).
- Ability to assess and raise risks throughout a project and propose mitigation strategies.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to solve problems creatively, and to be resourceful under pressure. Strong communication skills and the ability to prioritize and problem-solve under high-pressure situations.
- Excellent time and resource management skills. Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices. Fluency with Basecamp, Smartsheet, Resource Management, Zoom, Slack, and Google Drive preferred
- Experience with developing and managing complex budgets through the entire life cycle of a project, from proposal to completion. Familiarity managing projects with multiple vendors and resources preferred.
- Education, training, and/or relevant experience with project management. Professional certification (PMP) is preferred.
- Experience working and thriving in this type of role in a remote environment with fully remote and distributed teams and remote clients
Location: U.S. Remote
Time Commitment: Full-Time Employee; 40 hours per week; Hours are flexible, though 75% of work should be between 9 AM – 9 PM ET, Monday through Friday, in order to collaborate with colleagues.
Billable Target: 80%
Salary: $65,000 – $80,000 (depending on experience and market)
Benefits: Provoc offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families (75% of the premium paid by Provoc)
- Generous and flexible PTO, including 11 company-wide holidays, 2 floating holidays, and yearly office closure between 12/25 and 1/1
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plan with employer-matching contributions
- $45 monthly wellness reimbursement
Reports to: Interim Chief Operating Officer
How to apply:
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line, “PM role – [your name].” Application review will begin on September 5, 2023. The position will remain open until filled.
- 8/23/2023: Job post live
- Week of 9/05/2023: Application review begins
- Week of 9/11/2023: Phone Screenings Conducted
- Week of 9/18/2023: Panel Interviews Conducted
- Week of 9/25/2023: Reference Checks Conducted
- Week of 10/02/2023: Offer made