$85,000 to $95,000
Sep 20, 2023
Title: Manager of Portfolios and Analytics
Department: Philanthropic Services
Reports to: Sr. Director of Philanthropic Services
Created On: June 2023
The Minneapolis Foundation drives collective action to realize strong, vibrant communities. The Foundation cultivates generosity by taking action on the greatest civic, social, and economic needs—partnering with nonprofits, facilitating grantmaking, driving research and advocacy, and providing services to donors seeking to make a difference in their communities.
The Philanthropic Services team of the Minneapolis Foundation actively works with more than 1,000 charitable individuals, families, and businesses to express their generosity—personally, collectively, and across generations. We believe that those closest to issues are best positioned to understand and address them. This role will be part of the team executing our plan for Excellence in Donor Engagement, leveraging the Foundation’s expertise and providing opportunities to bring community needs closer to sources of funding.
The Manager of Portfolios and Analytics works closely with all members of the Philanthropic Services team to develop and implement a portfolio management system for all Funds aligned with our Excellence in Donor Engagement Plan, including data analysis, continuous improvement of CRM tools/reports, and regular reviews of portfolio strategies and progress.
The Manager of Portfolios and Analytics must have great interpersonal skills, effective communication skills, an ability to work with a significant volume of highly varying data, a strong understanding of data systems, and the ability to thrive in a complex environment. Additionally, the person in this role needs to be highly aware of the end-user’s needs when developing new or refreshing current processes, systems and protocols to ensure a high degree of integration and adoption into workflows and business operations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead regular portfolio reviews with team members and manage the process of updating Fund assignments, database tags, and other CRM tools.
· Work closely with Sr. Director of Philanthropic Services to create portfolio management policies and procedures and ensure data is accurate and up to date.
· Coach Philanthropic Advisors in the maintenance of their portfolios in the CRM database, reinforcing training and assisting with entry as necessary. Ensure compliance with entry standards for portfolios.
· Develop and redesign (as needed) dashboards and reports in the CRM for Philanthropic Advisors and other members of the Philanthropic Services team related to portfolio management tasks and weekly metrics for Philanthropic Services team scorecard(s).
· Partner with Philanthropic Services team members to create/maintain database tags in the CRM used for portfolio segmentation.
· Participate in the development and implementation of strategic metrics, which serve as a dashboard of indicators for the success of the Excellence in Donor Engagement Plan.
· Responsible for working with Philanthropic Advisors to implement the Foundation’s Inactive Fund policy and procedure.
· Partner with Philanthropic Advisors in supporting our most highly engaged fundholders.
· Responsible for creating lists and basic profiles for fundholders and prospects based on geography/philanthropic interest areas.
· Partner with IT Department to manage database migration and clean-up projects, reviewing and updating data and/or conducting data entry to input lists, records and other data points as projects require.
· Maximize database functionality by working in close partnership with the IT team to identify new and better ways of using the CRM database.
· Innovate and maintain portfolio reporting systems.
In collaboration with other colleagues
· Participate in both departmental and cross-departmental work teams including, but not limited to IT and Impact.
· Establish annual goals and objectives that align with those of the Philanthropic Services department.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for Success:
· Ability to work successfully with diverse individuals with a variety of work and communication styles.
The majority of the work in this position is performed in a general office setting and the successful candidate must be able to work at a PC for extended periods of time.
The Minneapolis Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer