Sep 30, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: The position of Manager, Data Management & Infrastructure will lead the development and implementation of a robust and scalable data management infrastructure to support the analytics and research work conducted across Fountain House.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, this leader will work collaboratively with the Chief Research & Knowledge Officer to implement infrastructure that facilitates data sharing, reporting & analysis both within Fountain House and also across a national network of affiliate clubhouses (psychosocial rehabilitation care providers). This leader will also oversee either a full-time staff person or a temporary contractor to develop and maintain data pipelines and extract-transform-load (ETL) processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead data management and infrastructure projects and develop a small team of contractors or full-time employee(s).
Coordinate data integration and management projects with the Research and Knowledge team and other relevant stakeholders across various departments and teams at Fountain House.
Work closely with Chief Information Officer to evaluate, procure, and maintain cloud-based data management & integration platform, such as Microsoft Azure SQL & Microsoft Synapse Analytics, Teradata, Snowflake, Talend, or similar.
Develop a data governance framework for operational enterprise data across Fountain House.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Deep knowledge and expertise in human services and/or public health data management and data structures.
· Experience in developing and maintaining data products and data warehouses for a diverse set of stakeholders.
· Advanced knowledge of SQL, ETL tools, cloud-based data management & integration systems.
· Expertise in managing both structured and unstructured data.
· Knowledge of the pros and cons of establishing and using data lakes for unstructured datasets.
· Experience working with colleagues that create data visualizations or use business intelligence platforms.
· Ability to determine the most efficient and maintainable data structures and processing workflows for integrating transactional data from various systems and subject areas.
· Fantastic communication skills and advanced emotional intelligence.
· Experience working in non-profit organizations preferred.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CREDENTIALS: Associate or bachelor’s degree in a field such as philosophy, information systems, computer science, or related. 10+ years of experiencing managing large data sets in a production system such as Microsoft SQL Server. 5+ years managing a data analyst, programmer, or ETL developer.
hybrid, NYC-Hell's Kitchen 2-3 days/week