$85,000 to $95,000
Sep 20, 2023
Lead Front-end Engineer
US, Canada, Mexico only
Why Concord Direct: You’ll feel good about the work you’re doing at Concord Direct. Our passion is to help nonprofits exceed their goals, grow their programs year-over-year, and help more people, animals, and habitats. Our team of experienced direct marketers has helped us evolve into an all-in-one agency partner for nonprofits that want to generate fundraising results. As an employee, you’ll be proud of the work you’re doing to drive positive change in the world by empowering the work of our nonprofit clients.
About This Position: As our digital marketing capabilities for our nonprofit clients continue to grow, we’re looking for someone to play the pivotal role of team lead for digital production. We’re seeking a skilled lead front-end engineer, reporting to the Director of Engineering, to provide technical support and improve our efficiency, accuracy, and quality. This role will oversee the production of our clients’ fundraising emails, lead/donation forms, transactional-based web assets, campaign tracking for reporting, QC and related efforts. Combining your experience and communication skills, you’ll proactively manage the development team’s priorities, jump into platforms/code to support junior-level engineers, relay critical information to both technical and non-technical people as we collaborate across client systems, play a key role in technical onboarding/migration support, and recommend improvements to our front-end engineering processes and documentation.
We are looking for you to bring knowledge and experience to the following areas:
● Digital Marketing: Knowledge of concepts and terminology related to digital marketing and related technology, including audience data for segmentation and personalization, design systems and content management, conditional content, A/B testing, tracking code and other reporting/analytics requirements, accessibility, and optimization.
● Translating the Complex into the Understandable: Adept at translating technical concepts and nuanced digital technological requirements into understandable and digestible information for the client and other key collaborators. Advise client teams on strengths, weaknesses and overall capabilities of the platforms our clients are using.
● Team Leadership and Collaboration: Proactive problem solving, together with experience working within project management methodologies, to help others plan, prioritize, structure and troubleshoot work. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Are you the one we’re looking for?
You’ll have 4 or more years of front-end engineering experience in a marketing-related discipline. We’d prefer you to have a Bachelor’s degree, but we are glad to consider people who bring any relevant background to the position. Additionally, you’ll have most of the following experience:
● Hands-on experience:
○ Building custom emails (both ad-hoc and template-based); creating dynamic email templates that leverage data to deliver targeted content is a big plus.
○ Building custom web landing pages/forms to collect visitor data and deliver content throughout a supporter’s journey.
○ Working within Quality Assurance (QA) processes, implementing Google Analytics/GA4 and Google Tag Manager, maintaining design systems, and working with content management systems (CMS)
○ Working within one or several project management methodologies that help team members plan, prioritize and structure work
● Strong initiative, curiosity, creativity with problem-solving, and a sense of humor, plus a drive for professional growth, learning, and individual success.
● Adept at translating technical requirements and needs into understandable information and instructions for the client and other key collaborators.
● In-depth understanding of digital marketing concepts including campaign optimization, audience targeting/segmentation/personalization, email/web best practices, A/B testing, technical SEO best practices, general digital marketing best practices, and digital performance metrics.
● Well-versed in usability, browser compatibility, screen limitations, and accessibility considerations.
● Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages a plus.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with people skills (collaboration and communication) that have grown over time
Location and Benefits
We welcome applications from candidates across the country. The person in this role will be interacting daily with people who are 100% remote, and we welcome more full-time remote employees. Though we support flexible schedules, it’s important to note that our clients are largely based in Eastern Time. We are headquartered in Concord, NH and have employees across all four U.S. time zones.
We offer a competitive salary, a casual and collaborative work environment, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
● Paid time off, paid holidays, and paid volunteer time
● Health insurance with dental plan and vision discount program
● Company wellness program, company-funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and HSA/Flex spending account
● Life insurance and short-term disability insurance
● Values-led rewards and recognition program
Culture Matters: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Concord Direct, we believe that it takes a diversity of thought, culture, background, and perspective to develop the most powerful and successful solutions for our nonprofit clients. Guided by our company values—curiosity, commitment, collaboration, community, integrity and innovation—we work to foster an environment where people thrive because of their differences, not in spite of them. We aspire to be more diverse, and welcome applicants from all walks of life. If you believe you exemplify our values and want to help us build a more inclusive, diverse and equitable work environment, we encourage you to apply.
Concord Direct is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Ready to Apply?
Please email resume, salary requirements, and a letter telling us why you are perfect for this job to email@example.com, or visit us at https://www.concorddirect.com/about/careers/ No phone calls please.