ABOUT THIS ROLE
We’re looking for an experienced and organized Finance and Operations Manager to ensure our team has the information they need to make decisions and collaborate cross-functionally. You’ll manage the organization’s annual budget planning process, design and implement a contract management strategy, and support across a variety of finance and operations projects. At its core, this role will support the team in recording, synthesizing, and processing data to support decision-making.
Our ideal candidate has strong analytical skills and is able to present complex financial data in plain terms. You thrive in critical thinking and can successfully create financial forecasts and guide others to decisions about our organization’s budget.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY FOR IMPACT
- In partnership with our CFO and Chief of Staff, establish the project plan and timelines for annual budgeting.
- Collaborate with executives, project managers, and cross-departmental leadership to set budget goals and ensure they’re followed.
- Work with internal departments to track revenue and expenses and compare them to key financial targets.
- Provide training and support to new staff, monthly reports and updates on actual spending, and ongoing training to current staff to support informed decision making org-wide.
- Evaluate budget proposals and financial requests for viability.
- Support our CFO and Chief of Staff in documentation and audit preparation.
- Manage cross-functional projects to establish smoother workflows and more cost-effective business processes.
- Support the Chief of Staff in documenting and communicating new directives, policies, or procedures to the team.
- Support our hybrid office operations including creating and documenting processes and procedures for mail, supplies, printing.
- Develop the organization’s contracts strategy and implement systems to manage our partnerships and contracts with an eye for growth and expansion.
- Manage insurance renewals and claims
- Review all contracts and ensure the organization is following established signing limits and policies.
WHO WILL THRIVE IN THIS ROLE
We are looking for more than just hard skills; we want teammates who will add value to our organizational culture by bringing these mindsets to their work:
- Strategic thinker: Anticipates and prepares for future events and outcomes.
- Detail Oriented: Shows rigorous and meticulous attention to detail.
- Collaborative: Partners with others to realize better results.
- Adaptable: Adjusts easily to new or changing circumstances.
- Results-driven: Focuses on achieving results that promote business success.
- Resourceful: Finds alternative solutions to overcome problems or limitations.
- Connected to our mission: Something in your own life experience drives your passion for Global Citizen Year’s mission and vision.
The following skills are required:
- 5+ years’ experience of working in a Budget Manager or Budget Analyst position with a budget of at least $4 Million.
- Good practical experience with financial and accounting software.
- Knowledge of accounting best practices and regulations
- Knowledge of MS Excel (specifically, advanced formulas, pivot tables and charts).
- Familiarity with forecasting methods and data analysis.
- Excellent numeracy skills with an attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator, including the ability to explain budgeting and financial information in plain terms.
- Experience prioritizing projects and working cross-functionally to drive scaling operations.
- Deeply committed to aligning our operational practices to our values, especially around diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
Bonus points if have/are:
- Experience in consulting and/or change management.
- Experience in startup environments.
- BSc/MSc degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or relevant field
We have ambitious plans for the future and the only way we can reach them is by having the right systems in place to leverage our talented team. By aligning and improving budgeting and operations across the organization, you will be instrumental in our ability to impact more young people around the world.