$105,000 to $125,000
Sep 14, 2023
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To lead the Advancement Department’s fundraising efforts through the creation/management of online fundraising strategy and execution, Digital team management, to research, initiate, and steward long-range planning and projects that will support all Agency-wide online marketing and related needs.
· Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 to 7 years of digital marketing experience, direct response fundraising experience required.
· Advanced knowledge of marketing strategy, marketing technology platforms, search engine optimization, and conversion tracking.
· Project management experience.
· Ability to strategize multiple campaign initiatives while being able to continually measure success based on goals and KPIs and to pivot when needed.
· Proficiency in HTML, CSS, and website design/development.
· Good eye for design, knowledge of Adobe Suite and Canva
· Experience with Facebook Ads, Google Ads, and Google Analytics 4. Experience with CRMs and donation platforms, including WordPress and Engaging Networks.
· Experience with common email marketing platforms, with emphasis on MailChimp and HubSpot.
· Experience with email marketing strategy and industry trends.
· Knowledge of online personalization, privacy, and tracking standards, regulations, and laws.
· Strong conceptual thinker with copy & visual editing abilities.
· Comfortable explaining and technically implementing search engine optimization techniques.
· Active user and understanding of social networks including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
· Expertise with social media measurement tools and platforms such as Sprout; timely knowledge of trends and hot topics.
· Experience integrating social media programming and communications across multiple platforms and channels.
· Experience with online issues/reputation management.
· Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
· Ability to manage people, budgets, and calculate program ROI.
· Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully across multiple projects with minimal supervision.
· Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
· Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to work both independently and as an active team member.
· Ability to maintain a professional demeanor while exercising judgment and discretion in work.
· Maturity and sensitivity to cultural and individual differences.
· Commitment to the mission, values, and goals of the Agency.
· Regular and predictable attendance with some evening and weekend event work required.
· Develop, manage, and implement digital fundraising and marketing strategies across Mercy Home websites, social networks, and external partners. Share Digital Marketing’s expertise with other Advancement departments and the Agency as a whole.
· Provide strategic recommendations and coordinate the online needs of other departments within the Agency, and manage overall marketing plans. Direct coworkers and vendors to achieve plan objectives, including email marketing, surveys, RSVP forms, and creative production.
· Serve as primary strategic lead on all digital efforts. Lead Digital Marketing team, strategic goals, and campaign plans.
· Lead meetings with department stakeholders to plan digital fundraising campaigns and regular meetings with back-office co-workers to keep co-workers apprised of campaign updates.
· Manage email marketing strategy Agency-wide including, but not limited to: message calendar, list organization, design, testing, and optimization.
· Manage Mercy Home’s primary websites and other digital presences Agency-wide.
· Create an annual budget, including revenue and expense, for Digital Marketing, with a focus on ROI and digital audience growth.
· Hire, direct, mentor, and supervise Coordinators – Digital Marketing (2), Senior Coordinator – Digital Marketing, Digital Marketing Specialist, Manager – Marketing.
· Set up, maintain, and troubleshoot online donation and payment processing systems Agency-wide, optimizing user experience while streamlining/reducing back-office involvement.
· Manage vendor relationships, ensuring that projects are completed on time and accurately.
· Advise department and Agency leadership on recommendations for marketing technology.
· Identify opportunities for business system and process optimization across the Advancement department. Identify and expand new traffic and donation channels.
· Keep up to date on online personalization, privacy, and tracking standards, regulations, and laws.
· Keep up to date on the latest digital fundraising trends and understand the impact on Mercy Home.
· Liaise with Finance re: payment processing vendors/systems such as Worldpay/Vantiv
· Write RFPs, SOWs, review contracts, and collaborate on decisions regarding: digital marketing technology, advertising expenses, and other needs, as budgeted.
· Maintain active communication with the Finance department.
· Maintain active communications with the Agency IS department to keep them informed about large-scale initiatives.
· Other projects as assigned.
Illinois, Indiana, Virtual
1140 W Jackson Blvd. Chicago, IL 60607 (Hybrid)