Newport One a leading direct response fundraising agency is seeking a Digital Account Director. We are different from any agency you’ve ever experienced. We don’t believe in bureaucracy. We believe in fully empowering our employees to be entrepreneurial, to grow and develop our employees’ talents and skills, and respect work life balance. We are 100% employee owned and believe in empowering every member of our team to make the best decisions for our clients and our agency. We’re an entirely remote (work‐from‐home) agency, focused on finding the best talent wherever they reside.
Newport One is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply because we believe our diversity makes us stronger.
About the work:
The Digital Account Director will run digital fundraising, membership, and advocacy programs for our clients. You will work with some amazing nonprofits that are making a difference across the country and in local comminutes.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Work in a team to create and implement effective digital fundraising campaigns for clients.
- Maintain the client relationship by staying in close contact with clients throughout the day.
- Serve as the overall project manager for our work with the client, making sure all deliverables are on time and managing up and down as necessary to get the work done.
- Oversee the many details involved in launching email and coordinated digital campaigns.
- Deliver email, web, advertising, and social campaign results to the client in an easy-to-understand way and that helps drive future strategy.
- Help draft email, social, and web copy for fundraising, advocacy, and engagement campaigns.
- Review and/or create agendas, notes, calendars, and data reports for clients.
- Spearhead strategy documents such as campaign plans and wrap-up reports.
- Provide exceptional client service.
Skills and experiences required for this role:
- 6-8 years of digital fundraising experience, including managing a small-dollar email fundraising programs.
- Ability to lead clients and the executive presence to present to senior leaders.
- Capability to crunch numbers and interpret online fundraising metrics and translate them into key takeaways.
- Experience using eCRMs.
- Understanding of digital email writing best practices.
Skills and experiences we expect of all employees:
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize your time to meet deadlines for multiple projects.
- Strong ability to write clearly, concisely, and logically.
- A willingness to successfully pick up new skills on the job, including learning new technologies.
- Successful experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Drive to seek what can be improved and offer ways to fix any potential roadblocks.
- A positive attitude and passion for the role that your work plays in creating change in the world.
- Drive to work collaboratively – soliciting ideas and seeing each other’s perspectives.
- Most importantly – being a solutions-oriented problem solver.
Skills and experiences that are preferred, but not required:
- Demonstrated ability to draft compelling, creative digital direct response copy.
- Have worked in an agency setting or at another consulting firm.
- Deep knowledge of best practices for digital advocacy, digital advertising, and social media.
Salary, benefits, and perks:
- The salary range for this position is $75,000 – $100,000 with annual performance bonus potential.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with premiums fully paid for individual employees.
- 401(k) plan with a 4% employer match.
- Flexibility to work remotely anywhere within the United States with broadband internet.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Health Reimbursement Account.
How to apply:
Please submit resumes to Careers@newportone.com.