Compassion & Choices is seeking a Database Support Specialist to advance our work to improve care, expand options and empower everyone to chart their end-of-life journey.
This position is primarily responsible for the first line of support for users of the organization’s customer relationship management database (CRM), helping them to troubleshoot and solve problems quickly and efficiently. This position will organize and facilitate database training for new and existing users while encouraging deeper adoption across departments. Through regular database maintenance tasks, this position will also help to maintain a high level of database integrity by ensuring our data is accurate and current.
This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly), remotely-located, paid position reporting to the Director of Database Management & Special Projects.
We offer excellent benefits including employer-shared medical and dental insurance premiums, employer-paid short- and long-term disability, life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance, flexible spending account for medical and child care, commuter pre-tax benefit, eligibility to participate in 401K with generous 5% employer match and 100% vested at time of eligibility, 12 paid holidays, 17 PTO days first year, and personal days.
This position will primarily be responsible for:
- Monitor and organize all incoming requests to the CRM ticketing system; and respond and solve issues promptly and clearly with staff.
- Regularly use screen share, phone calls, Slack, and messaging with staff to help troubleshoot issues — helping staff to better understand the CRM through these points of contact.
- Build reports and lists to provide business intelligence to teams across the organization.
- Maintain proficiency in supporter list building for staff use for communications and assessment (e.g., eblast, text/phone bank, metric review).
- Export reports and lists while adhering to highly critical privacy and confidentiality rules.
- Proactively identify gaps in the system that would benefit from new workflows to further advance adoption of the CRM.
Database Maintenance (40%)
- Conduct and track daily, weekly and monthly system maintenance (e.g., householding, duplicates, QA checks, other data hygiene).
- Enhance or create efficiencies in maintenance tasks to better serve the organization and database team. Proactively find holes where data is not being maintained or audited, and propose solutions to monitor those areas.
- Maintain a high standard of data integrity and hygiene, including not allowing details to fall through the cracks. Identify and address issues of bad data and data decay.
- Demonstrate understanding of how data is structured, stored and used at a high level. Understand existing processes on how data enters the CRM, which users have access to make changes to records and/or bulk upload, and keep up to date with staff workflows.
- Work with the database team to propose new systems for modernizing supporter data (e.g., prefix, pronoun).
- Facilitate, track and audit formalized training for new hires and users changing roles. Help to build the skills and understanding of the CRM with all users.
- Work closely with the database team to develop and implement a recurring staff training session, with the goal of regularly expanding knowledge for existing users.
- Understand and practice different training tactics and learning styles with the goal of advancing equity in training.
- Engage in strategic thinking and planning about database processes, workflows and improvements with departments across the organization. Work closely with the database team to arrive at smart, long-term oriented solutions to help improve adoption and usage of the CRM for all departments.
- Participate in QA testing on new features, appends, and other CRM updates.
- Professional Development: Maintain proficiency and increase expertise in CRM and other related topics.
- Support of all C&C efforts as requested; including, but not limited to, activities such as identifying prospects, briefing donors, alerting staff of fundraising opportunities, reaching out to donors, participating in phone-athons, etc.
- Timely and accurate completion of related reports (such as company credit card statements, performance reviews, time cards, etc.).
- Demonstrates commitment to and active support of C&C’s Diversity & Inclusion program.
- Other duties as required.
Preferred Qualifications (You will be a good fit):
Education and Experience:
- Requires understanding of CRMs and their front-end capabilities, proficiency in successful troubleshooting of issues, and ability to support and train end-users to adopt the CRM at a high level.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience using CRMs in various capacities (with a preference of EveryAction CRM experience); or an equivalency of related experience and/or education may be considered.
- Experience working in nonprofit organizations and understanding nonprofit business processes
- Experience with creating and interpreting reports in CRMs, and understanding the foundational concepts behind them.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Working knowledge of CRM software (e.g., EveryAction) and spreadsheets (e.g., formulas, etc.).
- ABasic understanding of Google Suite products (e.g., Gmail, Sheets, Docs).
How to Apply:
A current resume and cover letter must be submitted as one PDF document. In your cover letter, please (1) indicate how your personal philosophy aligns with our mission, (2) provide a brief summary of your directly related experience, and (3) provide your salary expectation (with a specific amount/range vs ‘negotiable’).
About Compassion & Choices
Across the nation, Compassion & Choices works to create a society that affirms life and accepts the inevitability of death, embraces expanded options for compassionate dying, and empowers everyone to choose end-of-life care that reflects their values, priorities and beliefs. To make this vision a reality, we improve care, expand options and empower everyone to chart their end-of-life journey.
Compassion & Choices is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.