- Support building an anti-hunger movement in Colorado?
- Take initiative to make sure things get done well?
- Communicate and collaborate as part of a team?
- Approach your work with a racial equity lens?
Metro Caring works with our community to meet people’s immediate need for nutritious food while building a movement to sustainably address the root causes of hunger. Metro Caring is the leader and model for food sovereignty and anti-hunger work for Denver and the nation. We believe access to nutritious food is a right, not a privilege. Using a multifaceted approach, Metro Caring is innovative in solving problems related to hunger, with programming offered in Healthy Foods Access, Nutrition Education, and Community Activation.
Metro Caring seeks a Data and Evaluation Manager who shall manage all database system and application software, and support our team in evaluating their work. This person shall be the ‘go to’ person supporting the full MC team (staff, volunteers and participants) in using data to further the mission of MC.
- Ability to work with and around diverse people
- Excellent project management skills with ability to meet deadlines and handle and prioritize multiple tasks and requests
- Ability to communicate effectively using both verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to translate any technical information and training to non-technical individuals
- Ability to evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and to assess the impact of proposed system and process changes to current systems and databases
- A thorough understanding of the role played by data and application software to contribute to the long term goals of Metro Caring
- Interest in learning tools for data visualization and analysis
- Ability to anticipate and be ‘one step ahead’ in determining needs and solving problems
- Experience with or interest in learning qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis approaches
- Salesforce Certified Administrator or equivalent work experience strongly preferred
Note: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role
POSITION TITLE: Data and Evaluation Manager
REPORTING TO: CFO/COO
LOCATION: The Metro Caring office is located at 1100 E. 18th Ave. Denver, CO 80218. Onboarding and training will take place at the office. This position will be expected to work from our office one or more days per week unless public health safety guidelines dictate otherwise.
STARTING DATE: To be negotiated. We are committed to finding the right addition to our amazing team. COMPENSATION: $52,000-$68,000 exempt annual salary. Metro Caring offers a fulfilling workplace and comprehensive benefits package, including: joining a diverse, passionate, enthusiastic and collaborative team; annual professional development options, 120 hours per year of paid time off; paid sick leave; paid holidays; 401K retirement plan with a 5 percent employer-paid match; and competitive employee health, dental, short-term disability and family leave plans.
The Data and Evaluation Manager Duties include:
DATA MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS (DMS) ADMINISTRATION
- Serve as primary system administrator for Metro Caring’s Salesforce environment (NPSP, 30+ users)
- Handle all basic Salesforce administrative functions, including user account maintenance, system upgrades, reports and dashboards, and updates to objects, fields, formulas, workflows, and processes as needed
- Provide technical support for staff and volunteers with issues related to Salesforce and other data management systems (Classy, EveryAction, Acuity Scheduling, etc.)
- Serve as primary point of contact and support for DMS vendor contacts and external consultants
- Monitor and maintain security and integrity of the Metro Caring database and ensure that Metro Caring’s data collection and retention processes are in compliance with all applicable regulations and funder requirements
- Perform onboarding and ongoing training for staff on the use of Salesforce and other data management systems
- Maintain documentation on processes, policies, and application configuration for end users (volunteers and staff)
- Perform assessments of data processes and workflows to design and implement better data management systems
- Work with staff across departments to coordinate the evaluation, prioritization, planning, and completion of new DMS development requests
- Regularly audit all data management systems for equity and values alignment
- Work with the Development Team on sourcing funding for DMS
DATA AND EVALUATION
- Work with staff and community to develop theories of change and logic models for Metro Caring programs tied to Metro Caring’s strategic plan, and update these as needed
- Develop monitoring and evaluation plans for Metro Caring programs, with a focus on measuring program outcomes and impacts
- Collect and analyze data to drive a cycle of continuous improvement throughout Metro Caring’s activities
- Ensure standardized collection and recording of quantitative and qualitative data, within and across programs
- Provide and/or support training for staff on data collection and evaluation
- Work with staff to develop tools (dashboards, scorecards, weekly reports) to monitor ongoing program activity
- Collaborate with Communications and Development staff to develop reports and data visualizations that tell the story of the Metro Caring community
- Ensure that all of Metro Caring’s evaluation processes follow principles of culturally responsive and equitable evaluation (CREE)
- Engage community members with lived experience of hunger and poverty in the evaluation process
- Establish and facilitate a Data and Evaluation Committee composed of staff, data and evaluation experts, and community members
CULTURE OF ENGAGEMENT
- Attend weekly team meetings and monthly all-staff meetings/retreats
- Attend at least three volunteer gatherings per week and meet and greet volunteers
- Attend a Planting Seeds tour within first month of employment and invite at least 2 contacts per year to attend
- Must have understanding of system inequities and a commitment to continue personal learning and growth around issues of race and class equity.
Applicants must have reliable transportation. Relocation costs are not covered by Metro Caring.
Metro Caring is an equal opportunity employer. The organization is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse staff and we encourage applications from qualified individuals of all backgrounds. Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), veterans, women, first generation Americans, and those that identify as LGBTQ are strongly encouraged to apply.
Note: Only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted following submission of application materials.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Data and Evaluation Manager” in the subject line, and title your documents “First Name_Last Name_DEM_Resume” and “First Name_Last Name_DEM_Cover Letter.” Please use your cover letter to communicate why you are excited to work to help build an anti-hunger movement in Colorado, highlight any experience you have working with volunteers, and highlight any of the above skills, abilities, and experience above that you have. This position will be filled on an ongoing basis. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled; however, priority will be given to those applicants who submit their materials before 5:00 PM MT on August 12, 2022.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.