$135,000 to $165,000
May 17, 2023
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN)—represents more than 21,000 physicians, researchers, nurses, and other health professionals dedicated to leading the fight against kidney diseases—seeks a full-time Associate Director, Content Delivery. Reporting to the Vice President of Education and Career Development, the Associate Director is responsible for holistically owning the technology comprising the ASN educational digital ecosystem. Researches and selects platforms and tools to ensure the ASN educational tech stack provides a cohesive, modern, and effective experience for ASN learners. Serves as a business analyst and quality assurance for internal projects related to ASN’s digital educational platforms. Owns new product (e.g., products, platforms, functionality) rollouts across the organization, from testing through internal and external communication.
· Accountable for overseeing the Content Delivery Team, providing clear goals and objectives for the entire team with direct supervision of the Systems Administrator and LMS Coordinator.
· Ensures processes and procedures are established, documented, and current for all Content Delivery Team responsibilities.
· “Product owner” with an entrepreneurial spirit and a high sense of accountability to develop industry-leading educational products that ensure ASN continues to be the leading global search of medical education for all kidney professionals.
· Interface with internal content owners and volunteers to identify challenges and opportunities to improve existing processes and solutions.
· Prepare accurate and timely budgets, including accurate projections of costs of new features and technology advances.
· Actively participate in ASN’s strategic plan, specifically to educate health professionals by creating innovative tools and platforms, expanding to new settings, and increasing audiences.
· Research, understand, and document external and organizational requirements for ASN learners.
· Translate ideas and requirements into user stories that will guide external vendors and IT team in what to build and provide context as to who will be using the various features and why.
· Create artifacts such as process maps to communicate interface and workflow needs to our team and clients.
· Facilitate meetings, focus groups, and informal discussions with the Education and Career Development Team and learners to help balance learner wants, needs, the technical level of effort, and timelines.
· Knowledge of methods and techniques for testing the usability and/or functionality of learning technologies to develop a strategy for selecting and managing third-party education platform providers.
· Work closely with external vendors, IT, User Experience, and project management to help create and manage the release and iteration plans.
· Assist in the planning and execution of User Acceptance Testing (UAT), including communicating outcomes and integrating feedback into vendors’ agile sprint process. Serve as the first level of acceptance of products and features designed and developed by external vendors and IT.
· Partners with other team leads to ensure clearly defined processes and procedures are in place and communicated to Education and Career Development Team staff relative to how content is developed, accreditation is awarded, and transitioned from content development to delivery teams for effective program management and delivery.
· Conduct periodic competitive analysis.
· Implements and maintains a formal customer support construct.
· Assume other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the position and area.
· BS/BA in a related discipline (Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Project Management, Computer Science, Interaction Design) with eight (8) years of experience delivering programs and products or MS/MA/MBA/JD.
· 4-6 years of product management experience with a demonstrated track record of success.
· 2-4 years of educational technology experience working with digital platforms serving the non-profit, corporate, or higher education markets.
· Experience integrating learning tools, building online courses, and evaluating and testing technological solutions.
· Knowledge of user interface design principles.
· Fluency with the following software tools:
o ZenDesk or similar equivalent platforms
o Learning management systems
o Association management systems
· Demonstrate a commitment to your professional development by remaining updated with e-learning, instructional design best practices, and new and emerging technologies, including software, hardware, and cloud and mobile technologies that can enhance online learning (e.g. use of learning management system, virtual reality/augmented reality, apps, gamification, and artificial intelligence).
· Demonstrated expertise and success in technical problem identification, analysis and resolution skills, and project management.
· Ability to think holistically about various business objectives and systems and make recommendations that improve the learner experience.
· Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule.
· Ability to build and nurture a team, creating opportunities for staff learning and professional development, which includes a passion for teaching, mentoring, and supervising.
· Demonstrated expertise and success in:
o Leadership, governance, and organizational change management skills
o Budgeting and financial oversight
o Problem-solving and decision-making
o Ability to work within a team structure
o Consensus-building with both internal and external constituencies
o Clear written and oral communication with technical and non-technical stakeholders
· Detailed-oriented self-starter with the ability to establish priorities, manage multiple projects simultaneously and exercise judgment in handling responsibilities.
· Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills with demonstrated ability to work with multi-level staff, volunteers, members, and vendors tactfully and efficiently.
· Extensive experience with Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word, as well as project management software such as Microsoft Project, SmartSheet, Easy Projects, or similar, is essential.
· Master’s degree.
· Prior experience working in/with national medical association educational programs.
· Experience using Abila netFORUM.
· Familiarity with wireframing tools (e.g., Axure, Balsamiq, etc.).
· Knowledge of 508 compliance.
ASN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements (with the subject line: Associate Director, Content Delivery) to ASN at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the society can only accept online applications for this position.
District Of Columbia