BWF is seeking an experienced Business Development professional to join our team. This new position is being created in response to BWF’s rapid growth and market demand. The Assistant Vice President of Business Development will be a member of the Sales and Marketing team. This role has a dedicated focus on the firm’s Philanthropic Services division which includes products and services focused on technology, prospect development, and analytics. The AVP of Business Development will play a key leadership role in creating, assessing, and defining service offerings related to philanthropic services, as well as managing and growing a robust sales pipeline of potential clients. This individual will be a partner in helping determine internal team structure and mechanisms for providing services and measuring client success. With an entrepreneurial spirit, the AVP of Business Development will be focused on strategic growth and the associated revenue that comes with continued success.
Why should you choose BWF? We advance our world through collaboration with great nonprofit organizations. Our commitment to transforming philanthropy begins with building a team of the most talented, passionate, forward-thinking people our industry can offer. BWF truly has the best employees who care and want to make a difference.
- Identify opportunities for new business based on BWF’s existing account portfolio and broader market demand and identify new prospects. Cultivate relationships with client leadership and decision-makers to qualify sales opportunities, document scope, and finalize sales.
- Act as a visionary partner in determining how BWF packages and sells support related to philanthropic services, including how internal teams are structured, how work is conducted, and how the practice can best focus on supporting client needs. Support the creation and implementation of go-to-market strategies based on new service offerings.
- Develop growth strategies based on revenue goals and client satisfaction metrics; establish metrics and tracking systems for tracking and analyzing sales and growth success.
- Work with marketing and partnership teams to identify content, sponsorship, and advertising opportunities that further BWF’s brand in philanthropic services.
- Review and coordinate sales proposals and RFP responses and assist in the creation of materials, including budgets and strategy; assist in the presentation of associated sales materials. Attend conferences as necessary.
- Support key relationships with vendor partners through regular meetings, referral coordination, and service integration planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated success in sales, preferably in a product or consulting environment related to philanthropy. Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success closing deals in excess of $1M. Comfort working with established sales quotas.
- Deep subject-matter expertise in philanthropy with knowledge of higher education, healthcare, and NGO sectors. Established existing relationships based on industry tenure is preferable.
- Broad knowledge of technology related to philanthropic services, particularly Salesforce. Ability to distill complicated technology concepts and convey to clients with simplicity and clarity.
- Demonstrated ability in defining and refining new service offerings, establishing go-to-market plans, and achieving measurable marketplace success via an independent entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to draft regular thought leadership and deliver conference presentations.
- Ability to work independently, collaborate with a team, and comfortable presenting to executive-level audiences.
Location and Hours
- This position can be remote or based in our Minneapolis office (Minneapolis-based team members are expected to maintain a hybrid office presence)
- For those within commuting distance of our office, our building offers free parking, an onsite café and gym, 24-hour security, and proximity to shopping and restaurants
- We strive to provide work/life balance whenever possible but due to the nature of this role, weekend and evening hours are required when deadlines need to be met
- Overnight travel to client sites, conferences or firm meetings is sometimes required (estimated 25%)
Compensation and Benefits
Annual base salary range of $90,000-$110,000 based on qualifications and experience. This position has unlimited bonus potential based on meeting sales goals.
BWF offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid holidays, PTO and volunteer time off
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Health insurance with HSA and FSA (medical and dependent care) options
- Employer paid dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability, Long Term Care insurance, and paid parental leave.
Applicants for this position must have up-to-date vaccine status against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination will be required upon hire. Up-to-date vaccine status is defined as an initial vaccination plus one Booster Shot after 6 months. Individuals may be granted an exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and accepted until the position is filled. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply early.
BWF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to developing an inclusive workforce that represents many different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.