Oxfam is a global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice. We offer lifesaving support in times of crisis and advocate for economic justice, gender equality, and climate action. We demand equal rights and equal treatment so that everyone can thrive, not just survive.
Oxfam America employees are able to work remotely, but to be considered applicants must reside in one of the following states that are within a 200-mile radius of our offices which are located in Boston and Washington DC: ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, PA, DE, WV, VA, MD, NC or DC.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: The Analytics Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining analytics infrastructure across web and constituent data platforms that enable data-driven decisions for strategic fundraising and constituent engagement. This includes managing data flows and streamlining production processes for reporting and constituent segmentation.
- Enable analysis of fundraising and engagement initiatives by developing automated reporting systems, empowering others to access and understand relevant data, and analyzing data from CRMs, Google Analytics, and testing platforms.
- Design, develop, and maintain data pipelines across platforms to strengthen marketing segmentation and analytics capabilities. Implement automation via connectors or API connections.
- Implement and manage data archives and warehouses, or alternative solutions to consolidate data from disparate platforms.
- Support analytics frameworks and reporting for user experience testing.
- Work with Digital Marketing & Engagement, Direct Marketing, and other Resource Development and Public Engagement teams and vendors as necessary to design and support development of dashboards and reports.
- Lead learning sessions and trainings to enable teams to leverage analytics platforms and approaches to inform digital fundraising, supporter engagement, and advocacy strategy.
- Audit current analytics implementations, design improvement plans, and lead development and coordination of improvements.
- Develop and lead initiatives to maintain and improve data quality and management processes across platforms. Liaise with vendors and consultants to troubleshoot technical issues related to data tracking, extraction, and analysis. Proactively identify and resolve issues internally or escalate to vendor as appropriate.
- Translate complex business, marketing, and analytics requirements into functional data models.
- Support administration of analytics platforms.
- Apply advanced analysis methods, including machine learning, to large volumes of data in order to provide actionable marketing insights.
EXPECTATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- Will stay abreast of professional standards, trends and issues affecting this set of responsibilities, demonstrating continuous learning of the field.
- Will work effectively and collaboratively in support of building a team-based, problem-solving work culture treating all persons with dignity and respect and will be familiar with and committed to Oxfam America’s mission, values and goals.
- Will have a fundamental understanding of gender justice and diversity within key areas of responsibility and a commitment to promoting gender justice, racial equity, and diversity in our workplace and programs.
- Within key areas of responsibility, will have a commitment to and be accountable for activities contributing towards a safe and accountable workplace environment, projects and relationships for staff, partners, and the communities we serve.
- Advanced degree in computer science, business, or a related discipline or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
- Minimum four to six years of experience analyzing large data sets across a variety of platforms, with an emphasis on Salesforce but including platforms such as Hubspot, Engaging Networks and Google Analytics.
- Minimum three years of experience in data engineering for fundraising, marketing analytics or related field, ideally in a public interest or cause-related organization.
- Advanced knowledge of and hands-on expertise with customizing and implementing Google Analytics.
- In-depth experience using PostgreSQL.
- Strong coding skills, preferably Python.
- Highly organized, excellent problem-solving skills, detail-oriented, and self-directed.
- Experience managing data pipelines and warehouses, including programming API connections.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills across departments and levels with an emphasis on ability to present data to stakeholders of varying technical competencies.
- Team player – eager to take on challenges and work as part of an agile team.
- Experience with fundraising or marketing at a nonprofit organization.
- Experience working in Mulesoft or other ETL middleware solutions.
- Experience with agile methodology.
Union / Exempt / Band G
Salary Range – $84,000 – $90,000
35-hour work week
Compensatory time is available for exempt employees who work in excess of 35 hours.
Non-exempt employees receive straight time up to 40 hours per week and time and 1/2 overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 per week.
Flexible Work Environment
You can choose to work in the office/from home/hybrid – office locations in downtown Boston and DC
Paid Time Off
19 to 24 days per year, depending on your length of service.
Three paid personal days are granted for use during the fiscal year.
Up to 11 paid days (77 hours) over a 12-month period. You may carry over up to six sick days into the next fiscal year.
Oxfam America offers employees 11 paid holidays per year.
Exempt Employees pay 15% of the lowest healthcare plan
Non-Exempt Employees pay 10% of the lowest-cost health plan
Reimbursement for Health Insurance Opt-Out Program Payment
If you choose to waive health insurance, you will receive a monetary benefit in the amount of $1,000 per year paid to you on a quarterly basis ($250) via payroll.
Exempt employees pay 15% of the dental plan – Non-Exempt employees pay 10% of the dental plan
Oxfam America 403(b) Retirement Plan
You may contribute on a pre-tax (Traditional) or post-tax (Roth) basis, conveniently, through payroll deduction.
Oxfam America 401(a) Retirement Plan
Oxfam America contributes 5% of your monthly salary into Oxfam America’s 401(a) Retirement Plan
Section 529 College Savings Plan
Oxfam America offers this program through American Funds to help you save for the costs of higher education.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Oxfam America is a Gender Just organization and an equal-opportunity employer. We have a zero-tolerance policy for any sexual harassment, exploitation, and/or abuse. We welcome all persons to apply and do not discriminate. We take measures to prevent discrimination against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links:
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish