1892 consulting is a woman-owned, women-led consulting firm that was founded in 2014 to help foundations operate more effectively and efficiently. We envision a philanthropic sector that is actively engaging in equitable and collaborative grantmaking. Our distributed team includes one managing partner, three senior consultants, and two consultants. As individuals, our consultants have spent their careers working in top-tier private and corporate foundations. We are strategic thinkers and thought leaders who truly understand the beginning-to-end grantmaking process, values-based grantmaking, and philanthropy culture. Since its inception, 1892 consulting has supported projects at over 60 private, family, and corporate foundations.
As an Analyst, you will provide administrator-level system support and project management to 1892 consulting’s foundation clients. This full-time (40 hours per week), exempt position reports to the Senior Consultant in Michigan and will hold an ongoing portfolio of 5-6 client accounts. You may be located anywhere within the U.S., and will primarily work remotely; however, you can anticipate occasional travel to foundation sites and/or relevant conferences and meetings.
This position is an opportunity to use technology to foster more balanced, equitable partnerships with foundations and grantees. You will further enhance your technical skills through regular system assessment, design, and build, as you translate ideas into solutions across multiple foundation grantmaking systems. You will bring a proactive and positive mindset to problem solving as you collaborate with your teammates and foundation partners.
Client System Configuration Support (85%)
- Attend client meetings and document build requirements for new system functionality on refresh/overhaul projects.
- Work with the Senior Consultants and Consultants to collaboratively design, configure, test, and launch updates on client grantmaking systems, with a goal toward working more independently on complex system configuration.
- Build new or updated system features including grant forms/applications, letter templates, email alerts, workflows, tasks, and/or flows, and relevant permissions.
- Write and edit liquid/HTML code to support visibility to key information on forms.
- Design and build Excel reports to allow clients to extract grantmaking data for further analysis.
- Troubleshoot client-reported issues, respond to tickets, and escalate to vendors, as needed.
- Develop and update training materials for foundation staff, applicants, grantees, and other users.
- Provide notetaking and project management support, including tracking deadlines, ownership, and progress, and ensure prompt follow up with clients.
Sector and Firm Engagement (15%)
- Pitch in across the company as important deadlines or events approach.
- Participate in company-wide meetings and culture-building activities.
- Stay engaged in broader philanthropic sector conversations, including in online vendor communities to keep current on system releases and new features and explore exciting ways that other foundations are using their system.
- Document system configuration practices and solutions for ongoing learning by the full 1892 consulting team.
- Pursue ongoing professional development opportunities.
While candidates are not expected to have experience in all areas, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- 3+ years of experience working in a grantmaking organization.
- 2+ years performing technical, back-end administration and configuration in a grantmaking system, preferably Fluxx, Salesforce, inc. Nonprofit Success pack (NPSP), and/or GivingData. Please note any certifications completed.
- Experience writing and editing liquid code or HTML for system configuration and reporting, or experience using Salesforce Flow Builder.
- Keen attention to detail as required to clearly document implemented solutions.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and experience developing output reports and data visualizations.
- Proven project management and prioritization skills, with excellent follow-through across multiple tasks and competing demands.
- Experience developing and delivering concise training to a variety of user groups.
- Inquisitive personality with strong creative and technical troubleshooting skills and the ability to think strategically when identifying and exploring solutions
- Demonstrated experience in a customer service or consulting oriented role, including an ability to clearly, collaboratively, and diplomatically communicate technical solutions across a broad range of stakeholders.
- Exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality with critical and sensitive information.
- Strong sense of teamwork, humor, and integrity.
- Willing to quickly learn and use tools such as Google suite, Slack, and ClickUp.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- The target starting salary for this position is $100,000 to $120,000 per year, depending on skills and experience.
- A comprehensive benefits package is also offered, including five weeks of paid vacation, paid holidays, sick leave; medical, dental and vision insurance (employee premiums fully paid, and dependent premiums partially paid); 401(k) with employer contribution; paid parental leave; and professional development opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Analyst” in the subject line. In your email, please describe your experience working as a system administrator by citing specific examples of projects or accomplishments as well as your interest in this role with 1892 consulting. If selected for an interview, we may request samples of prior work products.
Our success is dependent on our ability to build an inclusive and high-performing team that includes people with different experiences who can offer broader perspectives to our organizational thinking and culture. We value and respect diversity, and we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply, including candidates who may not meet every qualification.