Position: Account & Project Manager
Location: Portland, Oregon
Type: Independent Contractor to start; work from home, with some in-person meetings and events
Salary Range: $45-50/hr, 25-30 hrs/wk
A to Be Partners is a woman-owned enterprise based in Portland, Oregon dedicated to supporting small and growing nonprofit organizations with comprehensive grants management, general development capacity, and effective systems. We understand the unique challenges nonprofits face, and are committed to providing tailored solutions that help our clients deliver on their mission and create positive change in their communities. We view our work through an organizational development lens. We help clients strategize around short-term goals while building the capacity for longer-term vision and aspiration. Our team thrives on collaboration, inspired pragmatism, and a shared passion for helping those who make the world a better place.
As Account & Project Manager at A to Be Partners, you’ll help establish this new role to support the work and impact of our growing team of consultants and nonprofit client portfolio. Your focus will be on building and nurturing relationships, understanding the aspirations of our clients, and working with our consultants to guide them toward success.
- Build Client Trust & Relationships: Be a consistent and reliable point of contact for our nonprofit clients. Listen with empathy to their needs and help build meaningful, long-lasting relationships that show we’re genuinely invested in their success.
- Initiate and maintain regular contact with nonprofit clients, tracking and consistently communicating project context, process, and progress.
- Help provide a personalized experience, track client communication history, preferences, and key information.
- Organize and participate in periodic client meetings to review progress and explore additional opportunities for support.
- Project Management: Collaborate closely with our consultant partners to keep projects efficient and on schedule. Communicate with clients about their projects and status.
- Collaborate with consultant partners to develop and deploy templates for project plans, timelines, meeting agendas, and deliverables that can be used consistently across clients.
- Monitor project progress, ensuring milestones are met and projects stay on schedule; Prepare regular project status reports for clients.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings with clients and consultants, and create and share meeting agendas to ensure attendees are informed and prepared.
- Clear Communication: Keep everyone on track and support the preparation and delivery of client materials.
- Assist in drafting and reviewing client Scope of Work, contracts, onboarding, and project management materials.
- Offer guidance on best practices for client team communication and project management.
- Monitor and manage communication channels for client inquiries and respond promptly.
- Solution Finding: Be a proactive solution-seeker with a knack for uncovering creative yet practical ways to achieve desired outcomes.
- Collaborate with consultants to brainstorm creative solutions specific to each client’s needs.
- Stay curious about industry trends and best practices; share emerging trends, fresh ideas, and research.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of implemented solutions and make adjustments as needed.
- Empowerment: Help clients utilize our services to their fullest potential.
- Support client onboarding and project kick-off.
- Regularly check in with clients to assess their progress and overall satisfaction.
- Showcase success stories and case studies to inspire and amplify.
- Collaborative Spirit: Work in harmony with the CEO, Operations Manager, and our consultants to ensure the seamless execution of strategies.
- Facilitate effective communication and collaboration; share insights and feedback from clients with our internal teams to enhance our services.
- Participate actively in team meetings, contributing ideas and strategies for improving our client relationships and support.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, and knowledge sharing within the organization.
- Heart for Nonprofits: A genuine passion for the nonprofit sector and a desire to contribute to the greater good.
- Project Management: 4+ years of experience in project management, preferably with professional services.
- Relationship Building: 4+ years of experience in relationship management, preferably with nonprofit organizations.
- Compassionate Communication: Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen attentively and convey complex ideas in an engaging manner.
- Empathy and Understanding: A knack for understanding the unique challenges faced by small nonprofit organizations and the ability to provide empathetic, pragmatic support.
- Organizational Skills: Strong organizational skills to manage multiple relationships and projects simultaneously.
- Tech-Savviness: Proficiency in using Google Workspace, Asana, and other relevant tools.
- Collaborative Attitude: A team player who thrives in a collaborative yet remote environment and is eager to contribute to collective success.
- Meaningful Work: Join a team dedicated to supporting small nonprofits and making a positive impact on the world.
- Flexible Environment: Embrace a flexible work environment that respects your work-life balance.
- Inclusive Culture: Be a part of an inclusive team that values your unique perspective.
- Community: Connect with a network of nonprofit organizations and professionals driving change.
- Professional Development: Use an annual stipend to keep skills sharp and learn new things.
If you’re a compassionate and driven individual who believes in the power of scrappy, high-potential nonprofits to create meaningful change, we invite you to bring your talents to A to Be Partners.
To apply for the Account & Project Manager position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to share your resume, along with a cover letter explaining why you’re excited about joining our team, and three references that can speak to your account & project management expertise.
At A to Be Partners, we value traditional and nontraditional education routes and diversity of lived experiences and identities. We welcome interested folks from BIPOC, LGBTQIA2S+, neurodiverse, disability, and other communities that have been underserved by general recruitment for professional job opportunities.