Who We Are
We’re 18Doors, the only national Jewish non-profit laser focused on understanding, connecting with and communicating the needs of interfaith couples and families where one spouse is Jewish, and one has another spiritual or religious background. 18Doors has a website full of essays, advice, resources and recipes; programs for interfaith couples and families; a Jewish clergy referral service; rabbinic fellowship program and professional development for Jewish leaders, professionals and organizations—all focused on helping couples and families to connect and build the Jewish life they want.
Who You Are
You are an experienced web developer capable of maintaining, augmenting and building websites, as well as learning new systems. Not only can you develop applications and tools in WordPress, Yootheme, Thinglink and Formstack, but know how to readily fix bugs and resolve technical issues related to them. You’re sufficiently familiar with third-party integrations like Salesforce, Autopilot and Ninjaforms, and how they function on a WordPress-based CMS. You’re capable of testing out new creations in staging and executing them on our main site. You know how to handle possible cyber attacks and establish security on vulnerable servers. You are highly communicative, professional, and can manage and establish realistic goals.
You will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer, Director of Content, and Director of Audience Engagement to maintain our recently updated site. You will spend roughly 20 hours a week on call, readily available to troubleshoot whenever technical issues or bugs arise. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to: developing new functionalities, integrating existing software packages, and helping ensure the organization is on the cutting edge of new technology. A successful candidate will be able to effectively balance the daily troubleshooting and necessary ideation that produces technical solutions to move our mission forward.
We want our team to reflect the diversity of our world, and of interfaith couples and families. 18Doors is committed to diversifying our employees and welcomes applications from those groups that have historically been underrepresented in our organization—people of color, people with disabilities and LGBTQ people.
- Build and update existing content in WordPress.
- Fix bugs and resolve technical issues as they apply to our website.
- Maintain the unique coding and structure of our proprietary Clergy Officiation Referral Service.
- Able to work on third party libraries and integrations using Salesforce, Formstack, Autopilot, and Ninjaforms.
- Develop applications and tools in Yootheme, Outgrow, Thinglink, and Formstack, and maintain integrations with WordPress and other software.
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies and industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Manage Google Analytics; analyze information to determine how to most effectively leverage the data provided and report recommendations to management.
- Coordinate with the current agency that recently re-designed our site and streamline new systems after their contract is complete.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 years experience managing a site on WordPress
- Experience with Autopilot and Formstack a plus
- Familiarity with relational or object-oriented database systems required
- Excellent knowledge of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Understanding of organic SEO processes and best practices
- Ability to meet deadlines; must be comfortable prioritizing tasks; demonstrate flexibility; display a strong work ethic; fanatical attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Strong process-oriented, problem-solving skills with a creative approach
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and self-directed environment; eager to master new diverse web technologies and techniques
- Effectively communicates across departments in a remote work environment
This is a 20 hr/week position that can be done remotely. Boston candidates have the option of working from our offices in Natick, MA.
How to Apply
Visit https://18doors.org/career-detail-website-developer/ or send a cover letter, portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.