Website Accessibility and Design Consultant
For this project/engagement, coLAB Arts is aiming to update our current SquareSpace website layout to accomplish two main goals:
- Complete an updated layout design for our SquareSpace website that prominently features images and media of our community art projects and other artistic work such as oral history projects, performance videos, and murals.
- Help evaluate our current website layout and systems to improve website accessibility and user experience for all site visitors, with an emphasis on ensuring the site content is accessible to users with disabilities and compliant with web accessibility standards.
Our goal is to begin work on this engagement in late July/early August, and complete updates to our website by September 10th.
Note on COVID-19: coLAB Arts, where able, has been operating remotely through the COVID-19 pandemic with office use only as needed. The organization exercises social distancing operation and programming in accordance with State of New Jersey guidelines.
coLAB Arts does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or authorized alien status, or veteran status.
Please use the following links for further information about our organization:
- coLAB Arts’ Anti-Racism Action Statement
- Full Land Acknowledgment, accessibility information, and location directions
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for consideration for this project, please email the following information to Jeff Key, General Manager at coLAB Arts, at email@example.com by July 26, 2021:
- Links to a site design portfolio or 2 – 3 links to website projects you have completed in the past 3 years (preferably in SquareSpace and/or incorporating best practices in website accessibility design);
- A copy of a CV/Resume for key staff/consultants who would be working on the project;
- A short 1 – 2 paragraph description of your background and why you would be a good fit for this project.
Work on this project can be conducted remotely – we are open to working with consultants or agencies outside of the State of New Jersey.