Everytown for Gun Safety, the largest gun violence prevention organization in the country, is hiring an experienced, meticulous, and creative Web Developer with an obsession for quality software to serve as a technology strategist and collaborate with the Digital Team to create, and/or improve our web products. The Web Developer is a member of the Digital Team and will be responsible for web production demands, but also provides strategic advice and expertise for executing production tasks across multiple platforms for best-in-class user experiences. S/he will help maintain the team’s digital technologies and infrastructure, but also develop and implement enhancements to optimize their performance. The position is based in our New York City office.
- Writing well-designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices;
- Acts as a technology strategist for ET digital work from architecting programs, to researching processes and advancements in technology to providing the highest level of efficiency and quality;
- Develops and deploys campaigning and organizing software; creating website layout/user interfaces by using standard HTML/CSS practices;
- Builds and maintains internal content management system, associated servers, database servers, and continually monitors overall performance, stability and security over time;
- Supports the digital team on complex content management tasks, troubleshooting any website or email coding issues;
- Integrating data from various back-end services and databases
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- 5-7 years of experience working in a technology and/or development-focused role
- Experience with nonprofit CRM solutions such as ActionKit and Everyaction
- Experience with WordPress development including custom template and plugin creation
- Experience integrating third party services and APIs
- Pays attention to quality of product and knows best practice QA
- Proficiency with version control including Git, and remote repositories like GitHub/Gitlab
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical staff
- Ability to implement Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager scripts and code
- Familiarity with graphic design tools like Adobe Suite
- Experience with Sass, npm, gulp/bower, Django Template Language
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.
Everytown is the largest gun violence prevention organization in the country with more than 4.5 million supporters and more than 250,000 donors including moms, mayors, survivors and everyday Americans who are fighting for public safety measures that respect the Second Amendment and help save lives. At the core of Everytown are Mayors Against Illegal Guns, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America and the Everytown Survivor Network. Learn more at www.everytown.org and follow us @Everytown
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and localLaws.