Network of Ensemble Theaters
Web & Data Manager
0.5 FTE (20 hrs/wk)**
Flexible; to be scheduled by mutual agreement, with at least half falling within the hours of M-F 9am-5pm Pacific
Work performed from employee’s own home or office; can be located anywhere in the U.S.
Executive Director (located in Portland, Oregon), with accountability to/from the collaborative management team and its other members (Managers based in various locations)
**Note: it may be possible to combine this and the Finance & Operations Manager position (also 0.5 FTE, 20 hrs/wk — see separate job posting) to create one 1.0 FTE (40 hrs/wk) position, for a candidate with the right blend of skills and experience.
At the direction of the Executive Director, and in close collaboration with a team of peer Managers, the Web & Data Manager oversees NET’s Drupal-based website and CiviCRM database in support of the organization’s day-to-day operations and programmatic activities. With support from an outsourced web design/development consultant as needed, the position will manage the look and content of the website, develop and maintain data management systems, and undertake related duties. The position serves as the primary staff liaison to technology-related contractors; manages membership, donor, and event registration activity through the website; creates data-based reports for the staff and Board; and will provide staff leadership on design, implementation, and ongoing user support for NET’s new online matching platform tool (to be developed and beta tested in Summer/Fall 2017).
This is an at will, part-time (0.5 FTE, i.e. 20 hours/week) position. Work is performed virtually from employee’s home/office location, with remote supervision by NET’s Executive Director (based in Portland, Oregon) and shared accountability to/from NET’s collaborative management team and its other members, who work from multiple locations. In addition to collaboration with NET staff, the position will require virtual engagement with NET’s Board, contractors, vendors, donors, and membership.
The Web & Data Manager will play a key role in the organization’s ability to manifest its mission at the highest level. With the addition of two newly created Manager positions — this Web & Data Manager, and a Finance & Operations Manager (posted separately) — NET moves to create a collaborative management team and a distributed leadership model for the organization that is rooted in ensemble values, practice, and structure. The newly hired Managers will work with our two existing Managers (an Engagement Manager and a Field Resources Manager) to initiate and manifest this new team-based structure together, with each Manager contributing to its creation. In addition to each Manager’s individual focus areas, the collaborative management team will share responsibility, accountability, and authority for areas of collective decision-making, and for the execution of broader organizational duties (i.e. supporting each other as sounding boards, additional sets of hands during events or other high-volume work periods, and fresh eyes for proofing and editing public materials), with the oversight of the Executive Director.
In adding these new positions (Web & Data Manager, and Finance & Operations Manager), NET’s staff increases to a total of 3.5 FTE: a full-time Executive Director, and four part-time Managers (0.5-0.75 FTE). As a 501(c)(3) non-profit, NET is governed by a 15-person Board of Trustees, and operates as a field leadership and service organization for 350+ members (ensembles, affiliate organizations, individuals, and students) throughout the U.S. The annual operating budget for the current fiscal year is ~$600K.
Serving as the in-house web, data, and technology lead for NET’s day-to-day operations and programmatic activity, the position provides website maintenance, data management, and customer service support for NET’s staff, Board, membership, donors, programs, and events/gatherings. Key duties and essential job functions include:
- Maintain overall look and content of NET’s Drupal-based website and its integration with our CRM (CiviCRM); create new elements, perform updates and general maintenance, work with staff on additions and changes as needed, and delegate more complex web design assignments and maintenance tasks to outside contractor(s) as needed within approved budget.
- Serve as liaison with web development/design consultants to troubleshoot problems, keep systems running smoothly, track and manage progress on outstanding projects, and oversee their delivery timelines.
- With Field Resources Manager, work with outsourced developer to design, beta test, and pilot a new online platform to serve as a matching tool between ensembles/artists who wish to tour or travel for a residency, and ensembles/artists with the resources to host them (read more about NET’s new CoNECTR program here). Oversee integration of data collected from the platform with existing data records, manage platform’s ongoing maintenance and improvements, and provide user support to the field.
- Oversee the daily operation of the database (CiviCRM) and its integration with our Drupal-based website; administer, support, maintain, and plan for scalable database growth and performance. Ensure data accuracy and integrity, including input and output, technology management, staff training, and support.
- Develop and maintain efficient systems for data cleansing, data entry, membership and gift processing, prospect research, membership and donor records, event registration data, and relationship management.
- Manage, maintain, and create reports and mailing lists from organization’s data records, groups, and lists (i.e. full and segmented lists of members, donors, and event attendees; demographic breakdowns; renewal/conversion rates; and others as needed); organize and collate information and data collected by staff and Board into coherent and comprehensive system in CRM.
- Proactively monitor and optimize the CRM for better performance. Coordinate and plan for future data conversions/upgrades as needed.
Online Processing (Event Registrations, Membership, Donations) & Customer Service:
- Set up, oversee, troubleshoot, and update online transaction processing for event registration, membership, and individual giving through the website.
- Manage the user experience and provide direct customer service and donor support via phone and email.
- Work with Engagement Manager to support data management needs for NET’s membership program, including:
- Process and track renewals and new memberships; manage rolling annual renewals for existing members, invoicing and following up as needed;
- Maintain and update member database, email list, and member pages on website;
- Serve as a technology resource and administrative support for staff on member, donor, and event attendee data and transactions; create reports as needed; and
- Represent NET to the membership and respond to inquiries from current and prospective members as appropriate.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
A successful Web & Data Manager candidate will likely have:
- Educational training and 5+ years of experience in database development and website administration OR any work experience and/or training that would likely provide the ability to perform the essential functions of the position. Experience in the non-profit sector and with the arts strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with and strong knowledge of Drupal. Ability to maintain, update, and build new elements for Drupal-based website.
- Demonstrated proficiency and accuracy in CRM/database management; preferably, experience with CiviCRM.
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), the Google Apps suite (Gmail, Docs, Analytics, Adwords, Calendar, etc.), Dropbox, online interaction/meeting platforms, and other cloud-based and online tools. Video and photo editing skills preferred.
- Ability to serve as a training and support resource for staff, and to provide guidance and recommendations re: new technology solutions as needed.
- Desire to work with a collaborative peer management team to support the growth and vitality of a national field leadership organization committed to advancing ensemble practice and cultural equity, and to the community of co-creators, artists, and practitioners it serves. Commitment to and interest in actively promoting NET’s mission, vision, and core values.
- Exceptional interpersonal savvy and group process skills; experience with distributed leadership models or as a member of an ensemble preferred. Positive, adaptive, team-oriented work and management style. Ability to co-create and collaboratively cultivate ideas, welcome and enjoy the unfamiliar, experiment, find the humor, pivot, project potential outcomes, and identify solutions.
- Ability to be a self-directed, results-oriented, persevering self-starter; prioritize, set and meet deadlines; work independently with minimal supervision in a virtual/home-based setting; and demonstrate strong strategic and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and written/oral communications skills. Eagle-eyed attention to detail and accuracy. High-level proofreading and editing skills are a strong plus.
- Awareness and understanding of the service organization/association environment. Customer-service/client-driven orientation and relationship-focused approach required; experience working with organizational members and external vendors preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that will include occasional out-of-state, overnight travel and some evening/weekend hours based on operational and programming needs.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check at time of job offer.
COMPENSATION & WORKING CONDITIONS:
Annual salary range of $17,500 to $19,000 (for 0.5 FTE, 20 hrs/wk), depending on experience; this is based on 1.0 FTE annual salary range of $35K-38K, or an hourly range of $16.83-$18.27. NET offers a benefits package that includes paid PTO (vacation/personal/sick time), paid company holidays, an employer HRA contribution toward medical/dental insurance, a retirement plan, an internet/phone stipend, flexible work hours and location, and a mission-focused and collaborative workplace.
Work hours are typically Monday-Friday and flexible schedules are generally able to be accommodated, however the position will require occasional weekends and/or evenings, overnight out-of-state travel, or extended out-of-area stays. The position works in a home office environment with long sedentary periods and repetitive wrist and arm movement, and requires the ability to focus and conduct work via computer and/or phone for prolonged periods.