Website Content Coordinator
Communications, National Federation of the Blind
The National Federation of the Blind, based in Baltimore, MD, is looking for a qualified Content Coordinator to join our team. You will be responsible for creating and overseeing content creators for the organization, ensuring content is up-to-date, on-brand, and relevant. Responsibilities also include monitoring web traffic and website metrics. This role makes a critical contribution to the overall mission of the National Federation of the Blind.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with demonstrable creative writing skills. As a Content Coordinator, you should perform well under deadlines and be detail-oriented. If you are also an expert in content optimization and brand consistency, we would like to meet you.
Website responsibilities include nfb.org and other domains in the NFB’s online portfolio.
- Oversee content creation and publishing.
- Review content developed by various stakeholders, review, edit, and approve as necessary.
- Participate in design and development of new nfb.org website.
- Be familiar with accessibility best practices and guidelines to ensure proper implementation. (We will provide training.)
- Create and oversee content calendar that aligns with communication strategies, tactics, and organizational milestones and events.
- Understand and implement SEO best practices and train content creators on these practices.
- Keep up-to-date with industry website trends and best practices and ensure we are current.
- Understand web copywriting best practices and contribute copy as needed.
- Contribute to homepage planning and updates.
- Use Google Analytics to analyze website traffic and recommend updates and improvements based on this data. (Training possible.)
- Manage Google Webmaster tools for SEO, etc. (Training possible.)
- Integrate with social media as needed.
- Work with the e-commerce team to ensure good usability, content and navigation of new our e-commerce site.
- Oversee division website updates and maintenance (approximately 10 sites) to ensure proper branding, strong content, and good usability.
- Maintain organizational portfolio of domains, evaluating each for continued value and renewing as needed.
- Consult on affiliate and chapter website development and updates to ensure proper branding and messaging.
- Proven work experience as a Content Coordinator
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing, Drupal experience is a plus
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Familiarity with social media
- Excellent writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Degree in Journalism, Marketing or relevant field
Preferred Education and Experience
- Education or work experience sufficient to demonstrate possession of the requisite skills and ability to complete the representative duties of the position.