Virtual Engagement Organizer
RepresentUs is the nation’s leading right-left anti-corruption organization. We bring together conservatives, progressives, and everyone in between to secure crucial victories that are defending our Republic and fixing America’s corrupt political system.
But what it means for you, potential coworker, is that you feel what we feel when you wake up every day: a strong sense of purpose that binds you to the spirit of this nation, and an overwhelming sense that you should do something about it. And you want to work with people who feel the same.
RepresentUs is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and we push ourselves to push the envelope—to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’re looking for enthusiastic new minds to help us grow, move faster, and achieve more. We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our nation, and so should our team. That’s why we’re an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
In 2018, we helped pass 23 anti-corruption measures—a historic year for the movement.
We’re headquartered in Northampton, MA and also have staff around the country. Come win with us!
You’d describe yourself as a charismatic, scrappy, and unflappable community organizer. You have an innate ability to inspire people to take action and make tangible, impactful change in their communities, to foster connections across state and party lines and continue to grow a thriving national grassroots movement. You find thrill in the ups, downs, and unknowns of campaign work, and you’re excited by the prospect of building online communications and tools that empower volunteers and increase our impact.
And, you’re ready to start on a full-time basis at our headquarters in Northampton, MA or our office in San Francisco, CA.
About The Role
Under the direction of the Organizing Manager, the Virtual Engagement Organizer will concentrate on getting our national membership involved with the anti-corruption movement, serve as a bridge between the Digital and Organizing departments, and support the overall organizing strategy, including managing our national engagement program.
- Manage and improve the user experience of becoming a RepresentUs volunteer from start to finish, making sure it’s easy for people to know how to get involved and for staff to onboard and train new volunteers
- Work with the Organizing Manager to help set, achieve, measure, and report on benchmarks for the Organizing Team
- Design and launch A/B tests on our website and through our email program to determine the best tactics for recruiting and engaging with new volunteer supporters
- Build and maintain community via our volunteer communications platform, Discord, ensuring it’s a growing and engaging space for volunteers to find and learn from each other and connect with staff
- Work with the organizing team to develop virtual engagement opportunities to grow volunteer signup and engagement rates: everything from trainings and webinars to text and call actions, to gamification systems and virtual community events
- Promote volunteer-led events using the website, email, and social media, helping recruit RepresentUs members to join chapters and in-person actions
- Mentor, train, and manage our national network of volunteer leaders so that they can best support national grassroots engagement; regularly assess development needs of volunteer leadership
- Design and foster national volunteer teams organized through online platforms
- Advise organizing team members and train volunteers on using digital best practices for distributed organizing, from tools to messaging and reporting
- Keep tabs on engagement metrics, with a focus on improving conversation rates, and developing and testing new messaging
- Seed, encourage, and support tactical innovations from volunteers and help replicate those successes elsewhere
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills, strategic planning, and experience facilitating trainings
- Demonstrated experience using virtual tools to manage community members
- Strong understanding of user experience, digital messaging tactics, and design
- Excellent research, analytical, and organizational skills
- Proficiency in web research, data management, word processing, and other computer systems required
- Must be highly organized, able to juggle multiple priorities and work well under pressure with critical deadlines; i.e. discern priorities and meet competing deadlines
- Able to track and report on personal work conducted and set periodic goals for personal growth
- Able to make decisions quickly and efficiently while maintaining a professional demeanor
- Finally, you should have a great attitude and embrace working effectively with volunteers and partner groups across the political spectrum.
Compensation and Benefits
We’re committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer competitive salaries and pretty awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, a health reimbursement account, wellness perks, a dependent care account, and a retirement benefit. Plus employer-funded short-term disability and life insurance.
Oh, and we have this wild idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get four weeks of paid vacation a year, plus personal and sick time.
This position will work out of either our San Francisco, CA or Northampton, MA offices. Salary range: $45-$55K in MA; $60-70K in San Francisco.
Telecommuting is not accommodated at this time. No phone calls please.
How to Apply
Please apply for this job at https://jobs.lever.co/representus/74a9da29-f9b3-4a0f-a4fe-b947157dab3f/apply