Training and Information Curation Specialist
Legal Services Corporation
Position: Training and Information Curation Specialist
Location: 3333 K Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20007
Department: Office of Information Technology
Employment Status: Regular/Full-Time/Exempt
Established by Congress in 1974, the Legal Services Corporation (LSC) is the country’s single largest funder of civil legal aid for low-income Americans. LSC currently funds 132 independent, nonprofit legal aid organizations with nearly 800 offices throughout the nation. LSC’s mission is to promote equal access to justice and provide grants for high-quality civil legal assistance.
The Training and Information Curation Specialist is responsible for developing the strategy for the effective delivery of information technology training and for producing and delivering technical training programs and materials. In addition, the Training and Information Curation Specialist establishes and manages LSC-wide standards for the maintenance of the organization’s electronic content repositories to ensure that the content is available for informational use within the organization in a manner that maximizes organizational productivity and electronic records compliance. Reports to the Chief Information Officer. This position is included in a collective bargaining unit represented by the International Federation of Professional & Technical Engineers, Local 135.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops and maintains an Information Technology training strategy and work plan.
2. Designs curriculum, curates, develops, and delivers coursework on applications and systems in use at LSC.
3. Drawing upon best practices in educational principles and adult learning theory, works with internal and external subject matter experts and stakeholders to ensure trainings maximize value for participants.
4. Manages the execution of the training. Determines training date, time, and location. Coordinates training facilities or online training delivery platforms. Develops and manages training registration processes.
5. Stays abreast of changes to our Software as a Service systems so that new features can be introduced to LSC users and training documentation can be updated.
6. Works with OIT and LSC staff to understand business needs and to recommend how existing technology can be used to meet these needs.
7. Assesses, recommends, and supervises external IT training services, tools, and contractors, including distance-learning and e-course delivery platforms.
8. Ensures training and support materials are organized and accessible on self-help site for LSC end-users.
9. Provides IT training to new LSC users.
10. Provides basic application support via telephone or remote desktop as needed for current LSC applications.
11. Leads or assists in the planning and production of webinars on various topics both internal to LSC and with LSC grantees.
12. Establishes and manages LSC-wide standards and policies for the maintenance of the organization’s electronic content repositories (i.e. file naming conventions and best practices).
13. Cultivates and disseminates knowledge of best practices related to electronic information classification, organization, sharing, and communication.
14. Collaborates with the Office of Legal Affairs to analyze the current electronic records compliance and retention needs and to develop and implement a strategy to ensure the electronic content management strategy meets the long term legal and compliance needs of the enterprise.
15. Organizes the necessary projects and standing committees to ensure that information is moving appropriately throughout the enterprise.
16. Creates and maintains metadata templates in Box and trains LSC staff on how to use them.
17. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Excellent organizational and project management skills; must demonstrate initiative and be an effective and creative leader; ability to interact and communicate with all levels of staff, attorneys, vendors, and consultants; ability to work in a multi-tasking environment; able to work collaboratively with numerous individuals across the organization; unimpeachable integrity and personal ethics; able to work independently and on teams; excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; skilled at gathering input and using it to inform work product; excellent customer service skills; ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines; strong attention to detail; ability to learn and master information quickly; strong oral and written communications skills; ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language; strong attention to detail.
A bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design/Technology, Education, or a closely related field of study, and a minimum of three years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in technology training and/or support totaling a minimum of six (6) years. Strong and effective teaching and coaching skills with the ability to work with diverse staff with different ability levels and learning styles. Ability to operate standard office equipment, including, but not limited to computers and multi-function copiers. Expertise in standard office applications, including Microsoft Office and web browsers required. Advanced proficiency with cloud content management, grants management systems and productivity software preferred. Content management experience and experience with Box, Smartsheet, and Salesforce strongly desired.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary range: $79,957 – $90,057
LSC has a competitive market-based salary structure that establishes a specific salary range for this position. The salary range has eight pay levels separated by seven steps. An employee must wait two years to advance in Steps 1 through 4. New hires begin at Step 1.
Excellent benefits package.
How to Apply
Submit a complete application (provide ALL of the information requested and answer ALL of the questions) and attach a résumé and cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Apply directly on our website at: www.lsc.gov/about-lsc/careers
Questions can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If reasonable accommodation in the application process is required, please notify OHR at 202-295-1560 or email@example.com.
LSC embraces diversity as a core value. We recognize that our success as a corporation depends upon creating and maintaining a diverse team of talented professionals, and we are committed to a workplace that reflects and supports diverse individual backgrounds and perspectives. Our commitment to diversity, inclusion, and non-discrimination includes race, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, personal appearance, genetic information, political affiliation, marital status, family responsibilities, disability and status as a veteran, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws or regulation. We strive to have a workplace that is comfortable and welcoming for everyone. LSC is an equal opportunity employer.