Adventure Scientists is a non-profit organization based in Bozeman, Montana. We equip domestic and international partners with data collected from the outdoors that are crucial to addressing environmental challenges. By leveraging the skills of the outdoor community, we gather difficult-to-obtain data, at any scale, anywhere.
The Technology Systems Manager is responsible for the overall management and functionality of Adventure Scientists’ technology platforms. Primary duties include maintaining and troubleshooting the Salesforce database, building and implementing technology structure for new projects, researching new data collection technologies, and contracting/maintaining data visualizations.
- Manage Salesforce development to prepare for new feature updates to technical design and architecture as well as integration of new apps
- Coordinate with staff to evaluate and improve Salesforce user functionality including permissions, new feature requests, and user-experience like desired reports and dashboards
- Develop workflows and automate processes by working with staff to identify needs
- Build new integrated forms utilizing FormAssembly or other app as requested by staff
- Provide training and troubleshooting support to all Adventure Scientists employees across technology platforms (Google Suite, hardware, Microsoft Office, html/css, Weebly, etc.)Manage working relationship, support contracts and new project agreements with outside consultants as needed
- Manage Adventure Scientists’ data visualization needs to ensure consistency and usability, potentially by hiring outside contractors
- Stay up to date on evolving science technologies and how they could benefit existing and future Adventure Scientists’ projects.
- Stay up to date on evolving business management technologies and how they could benefit existing and future internal processes
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- Experience with Salesforce
- This position is suited for someone with near Salesforce Admin Certification level skills, however those skills can be learned in a short period of time with the proper dedication
- Interest and passion for science and new technologies
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Experience with collaboration and customer service
- Two years experience working with, and managing databases
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS)
- Finger on the pulse of new technologies in the science & data collection world
- Resourceful and adaptable
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with the Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack and FormAssembly
- Proven experience managing technologies for a non-profit or for-profit corporation
Work Schedule & Compensation
Salary is negotiable depending on experience. We offer a competitive benefits package including an IRA retirement match, healthcare, staff development fund, dog friendly office, powder days and flexible work schedule. This is a full-time position occasional travel. Occasional work on weekends and at night should be expected. This position is based in Bozeman, Montana at Adventure Scientists headquarters.