Technology Support Associate
Lyric Opera of Chicago
REPORTS TO: Director of IT Operations
STATUS: Full-time, non-exempt
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
The Technology Support Associate is responsible for providing Level 1 and 2 technical support for the help desk including desktop, network, and peripheral technology infrastructure and service delivery. This position reports to the Director of IT Operations and works closely with all departments for end-user support and service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Efficiently maintain operational integrity of IT help desk services provided.
● Use Help Desk ticket system to manage all requests providing Level 1 and 2 technical support.
● Handle End User account management in Active Directory, Artsvision, CMS, Tessitura, etc.
● Perform installation of required hardware/software throughout the organization; build and deploy PCs.
● Assist users with basic orientation and training for optimum deployment of HW/SW.
● Act as IT team representative for intake of user assistance requests.
● Interface with users via telephone or in person to identify, research, and diagnose problems.
● Implement appropriate steps to resolve issues or engage other internal/external technical staff to assist, as needed.
● Maintain detailed log of open/solved problems and create/update appropriate problem-management knowledgebase to serve as a resource to use for future problem solving.
● Support telecommunication systems including analog, VoIP and fax; support office presentation systems; support enterprise mobile apps.
● Escalate items as appropriate to Level 2 – 3 support staff.
● Perform installation\updates of required hardware/software throughout the organization using Systems Center and related tools.
● Assist with managing all hardware and software inventory and licensing.
● Support enterprise applications such as nightly backups, CRM, website CMS & Ecommerce, and Point of Sale.
● Provide end-user training for ADP Etime timesheet system.
● Provide system support for various helpdesk systems including IT, payroll, and facilities.
● Opera House support, i.e. ticket scanners and wireless network.
● Support IT staff with various new technology projects.
● As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in computer sciences, business administration, or equivalent experience.
· 2+ years of experience in Information Technology or a related technology-oriented discipline.
· “Expert user” skills in MS-Office, Google Suite, Windows, and Desktop support.
· Solid general knowledge of hardware and peripheral operations and maintenance, including PCs, HP LaserJet printers, Wi-Fi, VPN connectivity, VoIP Telephones and Microsoft networks.
· Solid software installation knowledge; Macintosh experience desired.
· Knowledge of Windows Servers, TCP/IP, Ethernet, Active Directory.
· Excellent oral/written communication skills and documentation.
· Friendly user service skills in a fast-paced environment to provide exceptional customer service.
· Ability to lift and move 30+ pounds on a routine basis.
· Strong desire to learn new technologies and solutions.
- Ability to occasionally oversee evening or weekend functions, deployments or performances.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
- After hour on-call support rotation as needed.
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
How to Apply
Please visit the following link: https://forms.gle/3gVfVKiq8HKimydz5.