Legal Aid Justice Center
Legal Aid Justice Center is seeking a Technology Manager (TM) to join our 60+ employee organization. This newly created position will be based in the Charlottesville office and will report to the Director of Finance & Operations. The TM will work closely with existing staff with technology-related duties, including our Director of Development who has been managing our databases. The TM’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Develop technology systems that help LAJC execute its mission more efficiently and effectively
- Guide the organization through changes in systems to include development of training materials and evaluation of staff use of the systems
- Monitor changing technology and deliver a technology update to the Leadership Team on a regular basis, to include recommendations of any additional systems that would make work more effective, efficient, or dynamic
- Manage the current technology systems – software and hardware
- Manage the relationship with the IT provider
- Work with IT provider to ensure the security of our data and communications
- Create and administer disaster plans that will keep the company functional in the event of a crisis
- Create an annual technology budget
- Develop growth plans in a cost-effective way to meet future needs
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience; relevant IT certifications a plus
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience, 5+ years preferred
- Sophisticated understanding of network architecture and client/server technology
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Commitment to LAJC’s mission to partner with communities and clients to achieve justice by dismantling the systems that create and perpetuate poverty.
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 including SharePoint and Teams
- Experience implementing information security best practices, Experience with change management
Charlottesville or Richmond, VA. Please note: LAJC employees are working remotely through at least the end of 2020. We are eager to provide a welcoming virtual environment for all who apply. If you have any questions or concerns about our remote work policies, please contact Kyna Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exceptional fringe benefits include generous leave, health, dental and vision insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, and a personal professional development budget.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter, resume, and three references to Kyna Thomas, Director of Finance & Operations, at email@example.com. If you’re able, please submit your application as a single PDF titled “[date submitted in yyyy.mm.dd format][last name][first name][position sought].” Please include “Technology Manager” in the subject line.
Questions? Contact Kyna Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Legal Aid Justice Center is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage candidates of all identities, experiences, and communities to apply. The Legal Aid Justice Center is committed to strengthening the voices of our low-income clients, working in collaboration with community partners, and rooting out the inequities that keep people in poverty. We strive to take on the issues that have broad impact on our client communities and to be responsive to client input. Recognizing the particular impact of racism on our clients and staff, we devote special attention to dismantling racial injustice. All applicants must be dedicated to working in and sustaining an environment that enables staff and clients to feel empowered, valued, respected, and safe. In reviewing applications, we look for evidence that applicants have experience and/or thoughtfulness in working with traditionally marginalized populations.