The Systems Specialist works under the direction of the Director of Information Technology and serves as a technical resource to collect and analyze customer requirements, configure systems, and implement solutions based on those requirements. The Specialist focuses on the documentation of business requirements and associated processes/workflows in support of organization initiatives and projects, working with internal resources to provide learning and training. The Systems Specialist configures multiple systems, including Salesforce, an online donation system, application system, and mass email system, to meet the needs of all KaBOOM! departments. This position encompasses some tasks that fall under a system administration role and others that fall under a business analysis role as described below.
Duties and Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Leads configuration of user setup, security access and required maintenance in multiple systems
- Researches and develops new and improved system functionality, including implementation of new systems as necessary
- Coordinates with system support teams to solve any issues that may arise within any of the systems
- Acts as first point of contact for support of the system within KaBOOM! and with software partners
- Conducts and documents system testing and planning
- Coordinates the development, implementation, and production of integrated technology systems
- Develops reports to assist departments in analyzing their progress toward team and organizational goals
- Evaluates new and existing software solutions and makes recommendations to meet business needs
- Tests products from an end-user perspective and creates training materials and support documentation, including facilitating training sessions for all new employees on the systems needed for their job function
- Documents workflows and processes for utilizing the system for various roles
- Works with Director, IT to analyze and document software and system requirements
- Develops metrics for quantifying associated business value for assigned projects
- Provides support for creation of presentation materials or research as required
- Actively contributes to our inclusive work environment by valuing other people regardless of differences and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence
- Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant field or formal education combined with 1-2 years of relevant work experience in systems administration, specifically with Salesforce
- Flexibility to work in multiple systems and facilitate the integration of all systems into Salesforce
- Excellent analytical and business analysis skills with good understanding of workflows
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Database management experience strongly preferred
Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Strong customer focus and excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills, along with ability to establish/maintain positive work relationships and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources and subsequently create effective and audience-appropriate technical and non-technical documentation
- Detail-oriented and able to successfully plan, prioritize, execute and track tasks and responsibilities in order to meet established individual and group deadlines
- Strong organizational, time-management, analytical and decision-making skills in order to efficiently evaluate, plan and accomplish personal work goals
- Ability to learn new information and technology and ensure the successful transfer of technical, process and organizational knowledge
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented work culture, providing back-up support to team members and establishing/maintaining effective work relationships
- Willingness and ability to work non-standard business hours as needs dictate, including being available to provide project support after hours and on weekends if necessary
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects of varying scope simultaneously
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must have the ability to maintain acceptable standards of office conduct and work cooperatively as an effective team member of a diverse workforce. The employee typically sits or moves about to coordinate work along with using a computer and other office equipment.
This job description does not constitute an employee agreement between the employer and the employee; this description is subject to change by the employer as the needs and requirements of the job change.