NEO Philanthropy Inc.
Launched in 1983 as Public Interest Projects, a 501(c)(3) public charity, NEO Philanthropy is a New York based national leader in innovative philanthropic solutions. We lead large-scale collaborative grantmaking funds on a range of social justice issues, provide fiscal sponsorship and management to projects and campaigns, manage donor-led projects and develop organization and field-focused capacity building initiatives.
This is a full-time, salaried position. The Systems Manager will join our growing Operations Team. This role will provide support to the Director of Operations as well as a diverse range of staff with different needs. The ideal candidate would be someone who is flexible, has strong IT skills and is comfortable with multi-tasking. This position will report to the Director of Operations and work out of our New York City office.
- Serve as the primary system administrator for the Salesforce.com environment including grantee and project portals (communities)
- Manage day-to-day Salesforce and app integrations and troubleshooting
- Ensure the integrity of data through cyclical health checks of the database
- Orient and train new staff users to the Salesforce system, and grow the Salesforce.com skill set across the organization
- Create and develop training materials and resources for internal Salesforce users in collaboration with teams
- Serve as Project Manager with Salesforce consultants to address system upgrades and expansion
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades, including needs analyses and QA testing
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of new development requests
- Work with organizational leadership to establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and change management activities
- Effectively act as the liaison between users, vendors, and development consultants
- Work independently with members of the user community (super-users) to define and document development requirements
- Previous experience as a Salesforce.com administrator
- Salesforce.com Admin (ADM201 and ADM211) certified preferred
- Documented experience of successfully driving projects to completion
- Previous experience in dynamic relationship management
- Responsive and proactive working style
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent judgment
- Mission-driven and passionate about social justice and nonprofit work
- Experience with Salesforce NPSP preferred
- Experience with Salesforce.com apps including Apsona and Form Assembly
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and applications, systems and processes
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and corresponding resources to facilitate user adoption
- Strong understanding of the platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices and functionality
- Strong data management abilities
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
- Comfortable working in multiple software and technology platforms
Start date: January 11, 2021
Salary range $75,000- $85,000, depending on experience. NEO provides generous benefits, including health insurance, 401k and paid time off.
NEO Philanthropy has its headquarters in NYC and the other members of the HR team are based in that office. As a result of COVID-19, the NEO Central staff are working fully remote through June 30th, 2021 although staff do have the option to work from the office upon request on a limited basis. In non-pandemic times, NEO HQ has a hybrid work remote structure that allows staff to work remotely up to two days per week based on their preference.
NEO Philanthropy Careers:
NEO Philanthropy is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NEO Philanthropy’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send an application that includes a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Systems Manager – [your name]” in the subject of your email. No phone calls please.