The Council on Accreditation (COA) is seeking a Systems Administrator with a bachelors in computer science or related IT degree and a minimum of 4 years systems administration experience. The applicant should have strong knowledge and skills in Microsoft Server, AD ,Exchange, VMware, Veeam and Microsoft technology solutions. They should be highly organized and analytical with good interpersonal skills with a desire to help COA improve and advance its network operations. See the full job description for a listing of all duties, responsibilities, skills and requirements.
The Systems Administrator (SA) will provide support for helpdesk, network and telecommunication related issues. This individual participates in technical research and product evaluations to enable continued innovation within the overall IT infrastructure. This individual ensures that hardware, software, applications, and services are provisioned and maintained in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
The SA also participates in an on-call rotation and will occasionally be required to work outside of normal business hours to provide support and implementation services.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage day to day operations of VMware and Windows Server, Terminal Servers, SQL, Exchange Server and SAN.
- Maintain IT security including Firewall, Cisco switches, Vlans, AV and intrusiondetection/ prevention systems.
- Provide support for network and telecommunications infrastructure.
- Provide technical support for remote staff including connectivity and VDI issues.
- Provide technical support for Audio Visual equipment.
- Provide software support for Microsoft Office, Internet Browsers, Adobe Products, etc.
- Provide assistance with end-user training on current and new technology implementations
- Diagnose hardware, software and operating system problems.
- Perform hardware replacement and memory upgrades of defective components.
- Run Hardware diagnostics to provide information to related hardware vendor for support and repair
- Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made.
- Perform routine network maintenance on servers and workstations.
- Administer user accounts on Windows Servers.
- Monitor local and remote backup for completion and resources utilization.
- Set up and maintain phone accounts, including adds, moves, and deletes.
- Set up and configure new systems with required hardware/software.
- Maintain Helpdesk database. Document/ update all user requests.
- Maintain and update network documentation and hardware/software inventory.
- Create and maintain administrative documentation on systems inventory, configurations changes, network diagrams, maintenance activities and procedures.
- Assist with other technology-related issues as directed by the Director of Technology Management
- Assist in disaster recovery planning and testing and implementation
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Document and improve existing processes
- Keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to job.
- Be available to work evenings and/or weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- Work with Director of Technology Management to assess the organization’s need for additional technology and help to develop and implement plans to put such technology in place
Bachelor’s in Computer Science or similar
Minimum of 4 year systems administration experience and one year user support/helpdesk experience in a Windows and Microsoft Office environment. A total of 6 years technology-related work experience required.
Industry certifications a plus.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Strong Windows and networking skills
- Knowledge of Exchange 2010 or higher, SharePoint, Office 365.
- Knowledge of overall networking technologies (TCP/IP, DNS,DHCP,WINS)
- Proficiency with Windows Server 2008R2 or higher, Active Directory & Group Policy, Shell scripting, SQL and SAN technology.
- Knowledge of server management and monitoring tools (SNMP, MOM, etc)
- Knowledge of Microsoft technology solutions
- Experience managing virtual environment with VMware 5.1 or higher
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Adobe Products, Sophos AV
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving software problems and conflicts.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to work effectively with users that have a wide variety of comfort level with technology
- Ability to install equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- The ability to multitask and deal with frequent interruptions in a small, fast-paced organization
- Strong team player with service-oriented attitude and customer focus.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate priority options and implement solutions.
- Highly organized with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to lift/move/reconnect/disconnect IT equipment
- Must be constantly driven to improve and highly adaptable to evolving business practices.
- Self-motivated and resourceful * Good interpersonal skills for interacting with team members, customers, and consultants * Proactive as it relates to improvements and administration of the network environment.
The Council on Accreditation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.