As an organization whose mission is to translate science into global public health impact , working on vaccines and therapeutics, IAVI has a vaccine policy which states that subject to applicable law, we require all U.S. and Puerto Rico based employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they have an approved medical or religious exemption or accommodation. We are committed to supporting our employees during this process as we work to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
Job Title: Systems Administrator
Location: Tri-state NY area (hybrid workplace arrangement)
Reports to: Cybersecurity Officer
IAVI is seeking a highly motivated Systems Administrator that will manage and support IAVI’s global multi-platform network, including implementation, problem determination, problem/incident recording, problem resolution and problem escalation of network activities. The successful candidate will utilize Windows Server, Office 365, SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams, various firewall/routers, client/server systems, PC and Macintosh desktops, desktop application software, peripheral devices, and will be involved in vendor management and stakeholder interaction. In addition, this position will be customer-facing, providing the opportunity to work with the global IAVI offices.
- Manage and maintain Microsoft SharePoint Online and Teams.
- Manage, maintain, and troubleshoot IAVI’s global network encompassing United States, Netherlands, Kenya, South Africa and India offices.
- Keep servers running at or near 100% uptime with respective anti-virus and other tools for protection and monitor the network for virus and spam, providing quick resolution to problems.
- Ensure that backup and disaster recovery systems work efficiently.
- Install firmware patches and updates to network devices and software patching of servers.
- Manage routers, switches, firewall, TCP/IP networks, VPN, servers, Kemp load-balancers, VMware platform, and network monitoring.
- Assist in evaluating and testing hardware, software, new technology, systems, and plan for future needs.
- Manage and maintain Active Directory infrastructure including Domain Controller/DNS Server/DHCP Servers/WINS Servers.
- Manage and maintain IAVI’s Wireless infrastructure at all offices.
- Administer Group Policy and perform general administration including backups of Group Policy Objects.
- Utilize Group Policy to deploy software, configuration, drive mappings, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date expertise in major server operating systems, and a wide variety of commonly used hardware and software, especially for networking, backup, and security.
- Access on-line technical support and open and update support tickets with vendors.
- Support key business systems such as Veeva, Intacct, etc.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the manager.
Education and Work Experience:
- BS in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent is desirable.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with Microsoft SharePoint and Teams is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in building and maintaining a global network infrastructure is required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of principles and practices of Microsoft Sharepoint Online and Microsoft Teams is required.
- Excellent customer-service skills in a multi-cultural environment is required.
- Advanced knowledge of network architectures, theories, and principles of local and wide area enterprise network design and integration, including topologies and protocols is required.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of network administration is required.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot complex computer system and network issues, identify the reasons for network and network device problems, failures, and malfunctions, and develop optimal solutions is required.
- Ability to monitor network trends, anomalies, and adjust as necessary is required.
- Ability to coordinate and complete projects efficiently and in accordance with the organization standards is required.
- Strong understanding of installation, configuration, and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, networking, and accessory equipment is required.
- Thorough knowledge of routers, firewall, TCP/IP networks, server systems and management, and Windows environment is required.
- Thorough knowledge of computer network security as well as knowledge on how to implement tools to protect the network is required.
- Thorough knowledge of Windows 2016 Servers; VMware, Veeam infrastructure configuration, and maintenance skills are required.
- Strong analytical skills to assess problems or unusual situations and develop solutions are required.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills are required.
- Knowledge of Veeva and ComplianceWire are desirable.
- Ability to be a team player, flexible, and easily adaptive to changing environments is desirable.
IAVI is a nonprofit scientific research organization dedicated to addressing urgent, unmet global health challenges including HIV and tuberculosis. Our mission is to translate scientific discoveries into affordable, globally accessible public health solutions. Through scientific and clinical research in Africa, India, Europe, and the U.S., IAVI is pioneering the development of biomedical innovations designed for broad global access. We develop vaccines and antibodies in and for the developing world and seek to accelerate their introduction in low-income countries. IAVI programs and partnerships are grounded in the regions of the world where the disease burden is the greatest, and our approach emphasizes sustainability. Our network of clinical research center partners in Africa and India helps strengthen in-country research capacity and supports the training and education of the next generation of scientists.
The global impact of our science includes fundamental contributions to understanding the biology of HIV infection, which IAVI and others are applying toward advancing vaccine science and immunology. IAVI accelerates scientific discovery and development by fostering unique collaborations among academia, industry, local communities, governments, and funders to explore new and better ways to address public health threats that disproportionately affect people living in poverty. Our global reach, including a clinical research network in five countries in sub-Saharan Africa and in India, has allowed us to make fundamental contributions to understanding the epidemiology, transmission, virology, and immunology of HIV. This work played a key role in facilitating the design of promising HIV vaccine candidates, as well as the discovery of broadly neutralizing antibodies that are now being advanced as promising approaches for HIV prevention.
Our integrated capabilities in vaccine and antibody discovery, development, and clinical research take advantage of bio-pharmaceutical industry expertise to accelerate the development and testing of prevention methods for HIV and other diseases. Through the Product Development Center, we support external researchers with technical and scientific expertise to accelerate the development of their own products.
IAVI CORE VALUES:
- Dedication to the Mission: We are committed to the translation of scientific discoveries into affordable, globally accessible public health solutions.
- Innovative Evolution: We are committed to solving complex problems in creative and innovative ways, learning from our mistakes and successes and never giving up
- Integrity: We are committed to meeting the highest ethical and professional standards in everything we do and to taking responsibility for our actions to earn respect
- Collaboration: We are committed to embracing diversity, the power of global teamwork and the belief that by working as one we can make a difference
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship. IAVI is an equal opportunity employer and applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
IAVI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER actively committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive global organization. IAVI believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a representative candidate pool. At IAVI, we celebrate the spectrum of colleagues’ experiences and believe that dedication to our mission above all is essential to our success as a scientific global non-profit. IAVI upholds these principles through IAVI’s Global Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
IAVI has zero-tolerance for discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, caste, national origin, home language, ancestry, religion, marital or civil partnership status, age, physical or mental disability, HIV status, and any other medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and veteran status, in addition to any other status protected under the law in any of our locations worldwide.
How to Apply