SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the Systems Administrator has primary responsibility for all servers and assists in maintaining the Newberry Library’s IT infrastructure.
- Set up and maintain Newberry on-premises security and camera servers;
- Administer Office 365 email and services;
- Support enterprise-level computer applications;
- Create and manage Microsoft Access/SQL databases;
- Research and implement new applications and IT services;
- Work with vendors and contractors on IT infrastructure projects;
- Support technology users as needed;
- Maintain switches, cabling, Wi-Fi server and access points;
- Manage firewall and VPN policies;
- Complete all other tasks or activities needed for the achievement of departmental goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an IT or related field;
- Minimum of five years of experience working in an IT support environment;
- Experience with Windows 2012/16 server technology;
- Strong knowledge of Windows 10;
- Familiarity with Mac OS and Linux OS;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016/19 applications; experience with Office 365;
- Working knowledge of networking and VLAN configuration;
- Experience with Blackbaud applications preferred;
- Quick thinking and a willingness to learn;
- Professional attitude and strong communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide range of staff;
- Initiative to create and/or manage tasks and projects in a timely fashion.
SCHEDULE: This is a full-time, exempt position, working 35 hours per week, with normal hours generally from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Incumbent may work evening and weekend hours, as needed. This position qualifies for a hybrid work arrangement, but the incumbent will mostly work onsite.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications sent without both items will not be considered. Please, no phone calls.