Bainum Family Foundation
Job Title: Systems Administrator
Internal Job Level: Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Reporting to Title: Director, IT
The Systems Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software, and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
This individual will also analyze and resolve end-user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user training and support where required.
The Foundation structures our work through a portfolio of interconnected initiatives. All staff plays a role in connecting and synthesizing knowledge across teams to further the Foundations’ Mission and Vision. Therefore, this person may be assigned to any of the Foundation’s initiatives based on initiative cycles and evolving organizational needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Azure tenants, and other tenants as needed.
- Administers and maintains user identity systems, including on-premise and cloud-based accounts, permissions, and access management.
- Manages and maintains cloud and hybrid-cloud infrastructure services, including Microsoft Azure Active Directory, hybrid Exchange services, and Azure virtual machines.
- Maintains the on-premise Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS (site creation and permissions and SSL certificate management) infrastructure.
- Manages and supports technologies that enable a remote workforce.
- Manages endpoint device security and policies through Microsoft Intune and other cloud-based technologies.
- Manages VMware infrastructure and virtual servers.
- Managed servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Supports all network hardware and equipment, including switches, wireless access points, and firewalls.
- Practices network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Recommends, schedules, and performs network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Supports all existing data, voice, and internet circuits.
- Conducts research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Evaluates options/methods to reduce cost, consolidating infrastructure, assisting with purchasing, and recommending new technologies.
- Monitors and tests network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Monitors and maintain system backups and recovery.
- Protects the integrity and security of the Foundation’s network, data, and workstations.
- Performs review of server, workstation, and networking equipment logs and event management.
- Maintains the collection, storage, security, and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.
- Tracks all IT-related assets and works with the finance department to ensure proper disposal of fixed assets.
- Oversees installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshoots end-user workstation hardware, software, security, connectivity, and peripheral devices.
- Manages the IT service desk and support request resolution.
- Manages to onboard and offboarding of staff members, consultants, and contractors to/from IT systems relevant to their role and scope of responsibilities.
- Trains employees on new technologies as needed.
- Communicates IT-related updates to staff when needed.
- In collaboration with the Director of IT and other members of the IT/Operations teams, designs, develops, and implements systems, policies, and procedures.
- Designs, develops, and maintains a Disaster Recovery Plan for Foundation and subsidiaries.
- Interacts and negotiates with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Engineers IT-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Consults with partners to assess, identify, and recommend best practice solutions to enhance their operations and security.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Equivalent combinations of work experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will also be considered.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator, Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist and advanced understanding of MS Office Suite, or Extensive experience with Windows systems and software administration in a production environment required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related technology related field preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience with computer networks, network administration, and network installation.
- Advanced knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to conduct research on network related issues and implement concepts.
- Ability to tailor the presentation of ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language at a college level, perform mathematical calculations required for the position and learn to interpret and comprehend company policies and procedures.
- Ability to convey necessary information accurately, listen effectively, and ask questions when clarification is needed.
- Can effectively cope with change and work independently.
- Proficient in collaborative, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to complete projects accurately and within deadlines.
- Readily learns and adopts new technologies that are critical to evolving business needs; is open to building new technical skills, knowledge, or capabilities that can benefit business and/or personal performance.
The physical demands described below are representative of the requirements by an employee for the successful performance of the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may occur to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment described below is representative of what an employee may encounter while performing the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may occur to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is that which is typical of an office/classroom setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately noisy.
The target salary for this position is $140,000 with an opportunity for additional performance-based compensation. RISI offers a range of benefits including health insurance, employer-matched 401K, and personal and professional development opportunities, among others.
How to Apply
Submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements on our Career Portal.