Support Line Technician
Support Line Technician
Title: Support Line Technician
Reports to: Support Line Manager
Classification: Non-exempt, Full-time, 40 hours per week
The Support Line Technician is responsible for helping 501 Commons clients achieve stable technology environments by providing Tier I help desk support by phone, email and remote access. This position is one of the preliminary levels of support for client desktops, printers and infrastructure. Effective listening and communication skills are essential to respond to diverse clients with urgent needs and various levels of technical understanding. As a member of the Technology Services team, this position interacts regularly with other technicians and consultants. There are opportunities for ongoing peer and self-learning in a supportive, service-oriented environment.
Tier One Support Line Services – (85%)
· Ensures customer satisfaction by responding to all calls and emails to the Support Line
· Conducts basic problem determination and resolution using documented procedures and available tools
· Works as liaison, as necessary, between the customer and their technology providers, including Internet, email, web hosting, and third-party hardware and software
· Ensures problem resolution in a timely manner by initiating and tracking problem assignments to Support Line resources, vendors, and other 501 Commons staff, and by keeping the customer updated on the status of problem resolution
· Acts as escalation point for more difficult Tier 1 support issues
· Handles help desk board management
· Initiates timely escalation of customer problems when necessary by documenting the impact to the customer, assigning an appropriate priority and resolution target, and raising management awareness for business impacting issues that have exceeded reasonable or expected resolution timelines
· Places outbound calls to the customer base when issues or errors are found that need to be corrected
· Conducts Quality Assurance for Support Line issues and processes to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction
· Manages day-to-day service delivery problems and works on special projects as assigned
Professional Development, Research, and Teamwork – (15%)
· Stays abreast of the latest technological changes in focus area by attending training and reviewing current literature
· Actively engages in team meetings and conversations
· Assists the with occasional agency-wide events
· Assists with other internal administrative and technical projects as assigned.
Competencies and Qualifications
· Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Technology, related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
· 3 or more years’ experience in local and wide area networking technologies
· Experience providing customer support over the telephone, and/or remotely
· Knowledge of LAN, Wi-Fi, VPN, and Internet connectivity products (hubs, switches, routers, firewalls) and their installation, configuration, and support
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows client and server networking environments
· Experience with small business systems and applications, such as Microsoft server products – preferably Windows Small Business Server, but also including Windows Server and Exchange Server
· Proficiency working with and supporting Microsoft Office online services, particularly Exchange Online and SharePoint Online
· Strong working knowledge of server and client-side protection strategies against viruses, malware, and spam
· Experience working with applications and processes for managing computer workgroups, including desktop imaging and lockdown solutions
· Great communication skills with clients and peers alike
· Rapidly acquires new knowledge and learns new skills
· MTA/MCTS, CCENT/CCNA, A+/Network+
· Support experience in coordinating projects or activities
· Prior volunteer or work experience in the nonprofit sector preferred
· Familiarity with nonprofit applications for fund raising, financial management, and event coordination is a plus
What We Offer
· Flexibility: Ability to set your own schedule within a M-F, 8am to 6pm timeframe, including working remotely and/or from home.
· Collaboration with a small but highly professional team with opportunities for professional development.
- Benefits including generous paid time off, holiday pay, and employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage.
Salary Range: $17 – $24/hour DOE
501 Commons is an equal-opportunity employer and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and to support the retention and advancement of diverse persons within the organization. We believe that a having a board, staff, and volunteer corps with diverse personal and professional backgrounds enhances our ability to meet our mission.
501 Commons is committed to providing an inclusive workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds and fully utilizes their talents to achieve its mission. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equal valued and supported.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to jobs@501Commons.org with “Support Line Technician” in the subject line.