State Partnership Engagement Specialist or Manager (CRM)
Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) is a high-caliber strategic policy institute that informs and shapes public policies to reduce poverty, promote equity, and build opportunity and engages on how to raise the revenues necessary to support public investments. It has a national reputation for conducting rigorous research and analysis, developing evidence-based policy ideas and strategies, shaping a broad array of policy debates at the federal and state levels, and influencing policy outcomes and program implementation. It focuses its efforts on improving people’s lives with low and moderate incomes and examines how policies affect particular groups, including people of color, immigrants, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ people. In addition, the Center is known for its unique capacity to blend rigorous, timely analysis with effective communications that enable policymakers and the media to use its work. To advance these goals in the states, the Center co-founded and continues to coordinate and convene the State Priorities Partnership.
The State Priorities Partnership (SPP) is the nation’s leading network of state policy organizations working to advance racial, social, and economic equity to build broad prosperity and thriving state economies. The Center’s State Fiscal Policy team works directly with member organizations, the Steering Committee of Partnership directors, and the Partnership’s National Funding Collaborative to implement a shared vision for the network. At the heart of these efforts is a constant cycle of learning, sharing across state borders, and community building, led by the Network and Organization Effectiveness team.
The Network and Organizational Effectiveness team seeks a State Partnership Engagement Specialist/Manager to support the State Fiscal Policy team and the State Priorities Partnership network. The State Partnership Engagement Specialist/Manager is primarily responsible for managing the network’s online community, which serves as a hub for state policy experts across the country (built on Salesforce Community Cloud). The Specialist/Manager is responsible for providing technical assistance to network members focused on network communications and database management. The Specialist/Manager fosters community engagement by adding new tools and functionality to the community to encourage sharing and learning among the State Priorities Partnership members. The Specialist/Manager will also lead the design and launch of an SPP network director’s portal.
- Develop and implement short- and long-term strategies to promote community within the State Priorities Partnership network and increase their website and Salesforce use.
- Using the community’s analytics, the State Partnership Specialist/Manager will test and track whether engagement strategies are working and adjust accordingly.
- Participate in SPP group visits and convenings and facilitate conversations to improve network engagement and document network projects, best practices, and collaborations.
- Develop and publish the Partnership Pulse, the monthly network newsletter.
- Maintain the network’s technological infrastructure (Salesforce and SPP website) and keep them in alignment with frequency targets, including encouraging proper utilization of different platforms by the network.
- Maximize the Salesforce CRM technology use to boost shared learning across organizations and staff in the network.
- Provide day-to-day management of the site, including but not limited to moderation, troubleshooting, and onboarding new members.
- Serves as a CBPP Salesforce CRM project team member, managing and coordinating implementation and rollout for the State Fiscal Policy team, alongside the CBPP Salesforce Administrator
- Possesses a growth mindset and commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to manage up and across many stakeholders
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage competing deadlines, and demonstrate grace under pressure
- Ability to communicate across lines of difference, particularly with individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Knowledge of social policy issues and the ability to communicate complex policy information to varied audiences
- Familiarity and experience with a CRM required. Salesforce Community Cloud, Salesforce Knowledge, and other Salesforce components preferred
- Interest in expanding analysis and knowledge about the role that racial inequity plays in society, and a demonstrated commitment to reducing gender, racial, and other inequities
- State Partnership Engagement Specialist – Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
- State Partnership Engagement Manager – Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
This position is open to remote applicants who can travel to Washington, D.C., and other partnership states if needed after the COVID-19 state of emergency ends.
This position reports to the Director of Network Learning and Collaboration
Terms of Employment: Full-time, exempt.
Bargaining Unit Status: This is a bargaining unit position.
Salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits (including health insurance, vision and dental coverage, life and long-term disability insurance, retirement, MERP, and DCAP), and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
Please upload a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please include a discussion of what draws you to the mission of the Center.
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and welcomes diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of race, color, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, credit information, pregnancy or parental status, family responsibilities, personal appearance, creed, military or veteran status, religion, ancestry or national origin, union activities, disability, or other status protected by applicable law.
How to Apply