Sr. Web Developer
Window to the World Communications, Inc. (WTTW/WFMT)
WTTW (Chicago PBS) and WFMT (Classical radio) are seeking a full-time full-stack Senior Web Developer to join its digital team. This position helps inform and execute digital strategy across front-end and back-end content, commerce, CMS, CRM, and analytics platforms and systems including our websites, apps, third party and social platforms, and rich media technologies (e.g., streaming and on-demand audio/video players and systems).
- Maintain, increase the performance of, and build both internal and external-facing sites, products, and platforms.
- Develop, test, and deploy production-ready and error-free code.
- Manage, assemble, and upload all types of digital content.
- Establish and manage systems, documentation, standards, and guidelines.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current digital platforms; maintain, monitor and present digital analytics; research potential improvements and enhancements; and recommend and implement changes with goals of increasing site traffic, user engagement and loyalty, and enhancing user experience.
- Plan, conduct, and document browser, platform, usability, and QA testing.
- Coordinate work with outside contractors and internal stakeholders across departments, and work with vendors, internal digital and IT staffs to integrate systems and technologies.
- Work with digital and marketing teams to further develop advertising, underwriting, fundraising, e-mail, and e-commerce areas of the site to increase audience engagement and online revenue.
- Research emerging tools, trends, and methodologies; maintain knowledge of the industry and monitor competitive digital platforms.
- Help manage day-to-day operations for digital sites and mass e-mail campaigns.
- Coding responsive websites and custom themes in WordPress and Drupal
- Integrating front-end templates with back-end functionality
- Working in version control environments and familiarity with open source development platforms, Lando, GitHub, and CircleCI.
- Working with audio and video players; capture, editing, and production for digital applications
- Working with APIs
- Linux command line, NodeJS front, and backend
- PHP, Apache, MySQL, Postgres SQL a plus
- AWS and cloud server configuration and Linux server administration, including the configuration of the Apache server
- Adobe’s Creative Suite, Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Data Studio, and DoubleClick for Publishers
- Proven collaborator and communicator with technical and non-technical people
- Expert problem solver and multi-tasker responsive to daily, weekly, ongoing deadlines
- Flexible and positive approach to work
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply
Please apply directly on WTTW’s website: https://interactive.wttw.com/about/employment