Sr. Web Developer
Facing History and Ourselves
Position: Senior Web Developer
Reports to: Associate Director Website Development
Location: Headquarters in Brookline, MA
Status: Exempt; Full Time
Start: September 1, 2019
Facing History is seeking a Senior Web Developer to join our growing Digital Infrastructure team. In partnership with this team, this position will help to oversee the overall operation, infrastructure, and development of Facing History’s website and related digital communication tools. The Senior Web Developer will assist in establishing web and tech best practices with regard to coding standards, user experience, performance and reliability, iterative development, and user testing.
Who We Are: We are a passionate, results-driven, and growing Web Development team, working closely with content editors and the Digital Infrastructure team. We are relentlessly committed to helping our users (both internal and external) create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing and always-connected world. We are flexible in our roles and have a team player approach, always lending a hand to colleagues in need.
Who You Are: You are a creative, hands-on, and energetic individual who is motivated by a passion for building accessible dynamic interfaces. You feel connected to non-profit work, are driven by our mission, and care deeply about user experience. You are collaborative and customer-service oriented in your work, you like to generate new ideas and enjoy the brainstorming process. Your ideas are not limited by your own skillset – you enjoy thinking outside the box and towards the best solution. You are a lifelong learner, always willing to grow in technologies.
- Designing and implementing killer web applications, prototypes, user interfaces, and websites for users
- Partner with external consultants on major enhancements and updates to our platforms; manage testing tasks and procedures
- Document technical solutions and designs as appropriate using JIRA, Google Docs, etc.
- Partner with a variety of cross-organizational stakeholders to translate organizational initiatives into innovative digital and online solutions
- Understand UX best practices and maintain UX guidelines, use cases, and user flows
- Implement online testing tools to test and track website performance
- Perform user-testing
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience with front end Drupal (7 & 8) theming
- BA/BS preferred;
- Ability to handle common theme preprocessing tasks with PHP and Twig, using Drupal best practices
- CSS preprocessors
- Experience with JS frameworks such as React/ Angular
- Experience with version control (git)
- Demonstrated creative excellence in solving layout and technical challenges
- Demonstrated willingness, interest, and aptitude to learn new technologies and skills; Passion for problem-solving
- Proven ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills with other team members and users
- Proven ability to manage time while working on a variety of tasks, meet deadlines, and perform under pressure
- Willingness to transfer skills to other team members; Mentorship experience a plus.
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a discretionary organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee assistance plan & a travel assistance plan, pre-tax Transit-pass program, flexible spending health care and dependent care accounts, 4 voluntary Aflac plans, limited free parking, and a friendly work environment.
Facing History proudly values diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please apply online at: http://facinghistory.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=1094956&&#job