Sr. Information & Security Systems Manager
Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA
Who We Are: Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA (PHS/SPCA) is a local, private, non-profit charitable organization dedicated to animal welfare. It is our mission is to build healthy relationships between people and animals. PHS/SPCA is truly an open admission shelter, not only accepting many pet animals who might be refused at other shelters, but also taking care of injured and orphaned native wildlife from San Francisco through San Mateo and the northern half of Santa Clara County. Our work means 6,300 lives saved each year. To learn more about us, visit www.phs-spca.org.
Who You Are: An experienced leader in managing a team and an organization’s information technology & security systems infrastructure. You are a strategic thinker with the ability to effectively analyze, improve and communicate redundancies, deficiencies, opportunities and potential IT-related threats. Able to easily navigate between big picture and technical matters.
This position is mainly on-site with some opportunities to be remote.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Guides Sr. Information and Security Systems Administrator with PC maintenance & upgrade activities
- Regularly reviews inventory of assets
- Provides input on decisions around the need for and purchase software/hardware
- Stays up to date with software development
- Oversees design, installation, and maintenance of local and wide area networks
- Provides strategic viewpoint on data needs and management
- Works with Sr. Information and Security Systems Administrator around Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to determine best strategic fit for organizations and provides recommendations to senior management.
- Coordinates service with vendors
- Provides training and problem solving for all employees
- Provides strategic oversight and determines priorities for all security systems including surveillance and security systems
- Coordinates service with security vendors
- Investigates “incidents” by review of surveillance tapes, computer and/or phone records as requested by management
- Monitors systems for compliance with company policies and provides evidence of non-compliance to senior management
- Provides training and problem solving with security concerns to staff as appropriate
- Actively manages and oversees Sr. Information and Security Systems Administrator to ensure progress towards performance goals
- Provides regular feedback to Sr. Information Systems and Security Administrator on activities and performance
- Participates in senior management meetings to bring technology issues and get input on decisions
- Crafts and implements a strategic technology plan to ensure the best use of resources
- Active member of the PHS Safety Committee
- Develops and maintains technology department budget
- Oversees and provides input on disaster recovery plan
- Oversees backup systems for organizational data.
- Assesses data risk factors and creates mitigation plans
- Assesses cybersecurity risks, recommends and implements cybersecurity protection measures
- Evaluates organization’s systems and determines need for upgrades. Monitors information about upgrades to specific systems and schedules upgrades as needed.
- Responsible for assisting with the build out of information systems and technology needed for newly built facilities related to the Saratoga Wildlife Center and La Honda Sanctuary projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Computer Science is preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience; at least 5 years of related experience and/or training in computers, phones, server management and security systems is required.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, VMWare, Windows server 2008/2012/2016.
- Must have a wide knowledge of electronic systems, their operation as well as their uses.
- Upon hire, must pass a background check.
- Possess a valid CA Driver License with a satisfactory driving record to be insured by our insurance company.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects and work independently is a must.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Superior customer service skills to work with all levels of employees and vendors.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written. Proven ability to communicate technical information effectively with individuals who have varying degrees of computer and technology competency. Ability to communicate IT issues to entire shelter when needed.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals. Ability to write, read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, and memos accurately.
- Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Knowledge of Ring Central phone systems and voicemail or other cloud-based phone systems.
- Stays abreast of systems, programs and technology developments relevant to organization operations.
- Interest in and understanding of the nonprofit industry
- Highly motivated toward the welfare and treatment of all animals is a plus.
- Able to travel overnight when needed.
Excellent Benefits Package Available
- Medical /Dental /Vision/Life/ Flex Spending
- Sick, Vacation and Holiday pay
- Continued education and reimbursement opportunities
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Retirement plan & employer matching
Available to all employees with pets:
- Discounted euthanasia services/cremation, bloodwork, urinalysis, prescription food, and discounts at our retail stores.
- Free vaccines, spay/neuter, microchipping, and two pet adoptions
For more information about our available job opportunities and how to apply, please visit our website at www.phs-spca.org/careers
The Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
How to Apply
Please apply at www.phs-spca.org/careers