Benetech is looking for a Full Stack Senior Engineer who will be a member of our engineering team tasked with designing and building our Human Rights software applications. Benetech engineering provides our engineers with an exciting, fast paced and agile software development environment in which they can develop their technical skills and make significant contributions to our software development projects. The engineering environment is highly collaborative and engineers on the team actively interact with other team members, product managers, operations staff and the quality assurance team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Architect, design, develop and extend the software components of Benetech’s Human Rights applications.
- Actively collaborate with other engineers, product managers and QA engineers in a fast moving, agile environment.
- Bring thought leadership, critical thinking and creativity to all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Deliver passion, enthusiasm and team spirit to the work environment.
- B.S. in Computer Science, a related degree or its equivalent.
- Strong understanding of the latest encryption technologies and best practices for both over the wire and data at rest encryption.
- Experience providing application functionality to clients using RESTful API designs.
- Experience with either relational and/or NoSQL database technology.
- Deep understanding of software development best practices, design principles and software maintainability, specifically in agile environments.
- Experience working with a full featured version control system.
- Experience developing server side applications with Node.js.
- Experience with a Linux based AWS cloud environment.
- Experience working within an Agile process and familiarity with Agile goals and philosophy.
- Experience with the concepts of continuous integration and test automation and the tools to support them.
- Experience with XForms and JavaRosa data collection technologies.
- Experience with accessibility technologies.
- Experience with Android development.