The Sr. Database Analyst supports the Development department’s direct marketing through implementation and support of operations and systems, including interaction with donors.
This is a full time position located at our West Loop Campus: 1140 W. Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL, 60607.
Mercy Home for Boys and Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor’s degree. Major, minor, or significant coursework in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, or Mathematics or demonstrable technical skills through recent employment history.
- Strong writing skills
- Good Proficiency in SQL Report Builder / Microsoft Reporting Services
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access Skills.
- Ideal candidate would have working knowledge of some of the following list: SQL, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Microsoft Report Builder, Microsoft Silverlight, Database Programming
- Experience in development of work processes
- Previous experience with event registration a plus
- Ability to develop, to write, and to explain clear business rules for non-technical staff.
- The ability to become proficient in other software packages and programs as necessary.
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, involving both systems and people.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Commitment to the mission, values, and goals of the Agency.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Provide new and existing staff with training on correct coding in use of database.
- Using detailed criteria, generate selections of donors for communications.
- Build various types of import files – including promotion records, caging files, appended data, and upload them into the main donor database.
- Utilize Reports Builder to run ad hoc reports for Advancement co-workers.
- Manage projects including phone and birthday appends, NCOA updates and ongoing data standardization
- Manage interfaces between main donor database and external applications including e-mail program, EFT and CC donations, and donation files coming from vendors.
- Manage interface between files coming from external vendors, main donor database, and authorize.net.
- Set up codes within the database, including campaign types, campaigns, sources, fund codes, acknowledgements and acknowledgement plans. Understand how they interrelate to maintain consistency and standardization.
- Coordinate registration process for special events and develop applied database for each of Mercy Home’s special events
- Troubleshoot Thank You letter program in Fusion Pro.
- Communicate via phone and e-mail with donors and members of Mercy Home’s boards regarding their registration for special events
- Organize and execute group trainings on Advancement systems
- Integrate new channel databases with the main Advancement database
- Maintain on-going collaboration with Agency’s IT Department
- Communicate at weekly staff meetings any changes to procedures involving the main donor database.
- Recognize the importance of this role as \”representative\” of the President through all dealings with clients via all communication mediums.