About the Company
Have you seen how data can be used to significantly transform how decisions are made within organizations? At Civis Analytics, we believe that organizations need to build a system around data-based decision making in order to be competitive in the marketplace, and those that do will truly differentiate themselves. These systems incorporate people, data, technology, and science. Over the last four years, Civis Analytics has become the premier partner for organizations seeking to build those systems. We blend world-class data science talent with proprietary data and cutting-edge software to help organizations solve their largest problems.
Civis Analytics helps businesses use data to gain a competitive advantage in how they identify, attract, and engage loyal customers and employees. With a powerful combination of best-in-class proprietary data, cutting-edge software solutions, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis works with Fortune 500 companies and the country’s largest nonprofits to make data-driven decision-making essential to how the world’s best companies do business.
About the Role
Our nonprofit, advocacy, and political team is looking for a Senior Business Development Manager to acquire customers, build partnerships, and maintain productive client relationships for our data science products and services. You will be the face of Civis Analytics to our clients, responsible for their ultimate success with solutions. As the owner of a strategic client portfolio, you will be the face of Civis Analytics to our clients, responsible for their ultimate success with our solutions. You will further build and drive relationships with key client stakeholders, identify and close growth opportunities, and ensure renewals.
You will also coordinate cross-functional company resources as the relationship lead to enable the success of your clients. You must be able to work well with others who approach problems from different perspectives, but you will be expected to challenge and improve the way we operate.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the data analytics space, especially as it pertains to the nonprofit, advocacy, and political spaces
- Serve as trusted advisor to customers and identify market changes or new opportunities to the Civis management and product teams
- Coordinate technical presentations and proposals with Civis staff to deliver winning solutions that meet the customer’s needs
- Scope projects that combine data science software and services solutions
- Source, qualify, and close opportunities within the nonprofit, advocacy and political sectors.
- Define and execute strategies to grow our business with new and existing clients.
- Understand the customer buying cycles in-depth, influence those cycles where possible, and accurately forecast sales to Civis management
- Maintain close partnerships with Civis customers, ensuring Civis is always considered a trusted partner
- 5+ year track record of selling data analytics, business intelligence, or complex enterprise SaaS solutions
- Five or more years experience in the nonprofit, advocacy, or political sectors
- Strong understanding of, appreciation for, and interest in the application of analytics and data science in the nonprofit, advocacy, and political sectors
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to self-manage and deal with the ambiguity that comes with a successful, growth-stage company
- Strong relationship-building, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Skilled at cross-functional navigation and team-based execution
- Strategic account approach
- Willing and able to travel up to 20%
- MBA, MPA, or other relevant professional degree, or equivalent professional experience