SOMAH Marketing, Education & Outreach Manager
About GRID Alternatives:
GRID Alternatives is a national leader in making clean, affordable solar power and solar jobs accessible to low-income communities and communities of color. GRID is an entrepreneurial, high-growth non-profit organization that provides direct solar installation and project development; workforce training and service learning opportunities; and low-income solar policy advocacy.
Our vision: a transition to clean, renewable energy that includes and benefits everyone.
At GRID, we care about each other and know that each employee has a whole self that includes life outside of work. Our culture supports the learning, growth, and well-being of all of our team members.
Based in Oakland, California, GRID has 9 regional offices and affiliates serving all of California, Colorado, Washington D.C., Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware; GRID also works in Nicaragua, Mexico and Nepal. GRID has a dedicated staff of 370 and growing!
Every member of GRID Alternatives must participate in the organization’s equity, inclusion, and diversity work.
GRID Alternatives was selected by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) in March 2018, as part of a team of leading CA nonprofits, to administer the Solar on Multifamily Affordable Solar Housing (SOMAH) program. The SOMAH program is the largest investment of dollars into low-income solar to date (up to $1B through 2030). It will provide incentives to solar projects in qualifying affordable multifamily properties throughout the state while ensuring direct economic benefits to low-income tenants and creating workforce development opportunities through local hiring initiatives.
GRID Alternatives is seeking an exceptional marketing professional to provide marketing strategy, coordination, and oversight for the Solar on Multifamily Affordable Solar Housing (SOMAH) program. GRID’s SOMAH Marketing, Education & Outreach (ME&O) Manager will be responsible for coordinating with SOMAH program administration partners, GRID’s communications and marketing team, and four community-based organization subcontractors to develop, implement, and monitor annual ME&O plans and budgets. This position will report to the GRID’s SOMAH Program Director.
GRID’s SOMAH ME&O Manager is responsible for executing the GRID’s ME&O responsibilities under the SOMAH program administration (PA) partnership. Opportunities include:
- Serve as the primary GRID ME&O point of contact for the PA team
- Lead ME&O coordination meetings
- Compile and edit annual ME&O plans and budgets based on input from all PA members
- Collaborate with GRID’s communications and SOMAH PA team to develop and execute ME&O strategies for audiences GRID is responsible for
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of all ME&O activities
- Manage subcontracts with four community-based organizations (CBOs)
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of CBO ME&O activities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of marketing experience, with a proven track record of success
- Experience marketing programs and services
- Experience managing complex projects across large, dispersed teams
- Strong data collection and analytics skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- 5-7 years of marketing and/or project management experience
- Direct experience with multifamily affordable housing, either through lived experience or professional experience
- Experience with administration and/or marketing of statewide or municipal solar or energy-related programs
- Familiarity with the Calenviroscreen disadvantaged communities (DACs) and general interest or experience working in environmental justice communities
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience working with remote teams
How to Apply