Social Media Associate
Center for American Progress
- Reports to: Social Media Director
- Staff reporting to this position: None
- Department: Digital Strategy
- Position classification: Exempt, full time
American Progress has an immediate opening for a Social Media Associate to write and edit content for social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. The Social Media Associate will work in collaboration with policy teams to drive progressive conversations, inform and educate the public on progressive issues and solutions, and grow American Progress’ online audience through social media platforms. Social media experience, strong news sensibilities, familiarity with digital tools, and attention to detail are a must.
- Closely monitor the news and American Progress’ products to identify social media opportunities.
- Draft and edit social media posts for all platforms.
- Post social media content, report back on results and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain and develop strategies for growing American Progress’ Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter audiences.
- Track paid promotions, spending, and results to report back to teams.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Two to five years of working in social media or in a digital communications environment.
- Solid understanding of progressive values and politics and how they intersect with the news.
- An active social media presence is preferred.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Sound editorial and ethical judgment.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to juggle multiple pieces with different deadlines in a given day.
- Familiarity with platform-specific analytics and TweetDeck, Sprout Social, or similar programs is preferred.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70.
How to Apply