Social Media and Engagement Manager
American Kidney Fund
The Social Media and Engagement Manager will promote the mission of the American Kidney Fund (AKF) and raise the profile of the organization across social platforms. The Manager will use social media strategy and tools to engage with AKF online audiences to grow our community, build brand awareness and drive site traffic. The Manager will be responsible for advancing AKF’s social presence to support our mission: fighting kidney disease and helping people live healthier lives.
We are the nation’s leading non-profit working on behalf of 30 million Americans with chronic kidney disease, the nation’s fastest-growing non-communicable disease. AKF’s dynamic, team-oriented environment is fast-paced and provides employees with the opportunity to make a real difference in the fight against kidney disease. AKF offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Our national office is located in Rockville, Maryland, with easy access to Metro and on-site parking.
• Own social media content planning, calendar development, and social scheduling across social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn
• Develop social content and creative for organic and paid initiatives, including social post images, videos, animation/gifs and infographics
• Lead the development of social engagement initiatives to strengthen existing relationships and build new relationships with key audiences
• Use web analytics tools to examine the effectiveness of existing strategies; recommend strategy enhancements
• Establish and implement effective influencer strategies
• Collaborate with and create content – including visual content – for multiple internal teams. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Actively partner with the Associate Director of Marketing, Email Marketing Manager and Office of Development to execute digital campaigns that drive financial support and effectively cultivate relationships with donors and peer-to-peer fundraisers
- Work with the Associate Director of Marketing to analyze the performance of education content on KidneyFund.org and work with the Communications and Public Education teams to develop new, engaging and strategic content
- Work directly with the Office of Patient Services and Kidney Disease Education to promote and drive participation in screening, prevention, and education initiatives
- Collaborate with the Office of Government Affairs to cultivate advocates, drive awareness of current events and increase advocacy actions through petitions, sign-ups and action alerts
• Assess post performance and proactively engage in social listening, providing prompt responses to inquiries
• Monitor and uphold the American Kidney Fund’s reputation across all social channels using social listening tools and respond to brand-related conversations
• Partner with the Associate Director of Digital Marketing to support the execution of paid digital campaigns, coordinating content, content schedule and audience optimization
• Work with Communications leadership to offer advice and counsel to help mitigate issues in the social space
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in a similar role in the nonprofit field. College degree required. Excellent writing and analytical skills. In-depth knowledge of Hootsuite, Canva, Sprout Social and like tools; Facebook Business Manager; and Google Analytics is strongly preferred. Design experience preferred. Effectively work across functions and teams. Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines. Ability to maintain and protect confidential materials and data. Exceptional attention to detail with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to lift 25 lbs.
How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for a position with the American Kidney Fund, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals, please. No phone calls please