The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal protection organization, is seeking a Senior Web Developer for the Digital Marketing department. The primary purpose of this position is to support digital marketing initiatives and other departments by providing technical solutions to increase fundraising and advocacy engagement.
This position will be responsible for:
- Recommending and implementing custom features to donation forms to meet campaign fundraising goals; maintaining donation form code and ensuring donation forms perform efficiently
- Keeping donation form documentation up-to-date and troubleshooting technical issues affecting digital properties in Luminate Online
- Innovating and enhancing web pages with custom web components in Drupal and troubleshooting any website issues in Drupal
- Maintaining the digital properties on Drupal and WordPress to keep the web servers and other back-end systems reliable
- Implementing user testing using Optimizely to improve our digital properties including website, donation forms, and advocacy alerts
- Mentoring junior staff and leading code review
- Collaborating with web analytics vendors to install and customize analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook Pixels to collect and analyze data from our users’ interactions on our web properties
- Helping to troubleshoot web page issues as they arise
- Staying up-to-date on trends in web development and non-profit technology
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience required
- A minimum of four years of web development (front-end and back-end programming), building custom websites, and/or computer programming required
- Demonstrated experience with Drupal 8, Luminate Online, and WordPress required
- Excellent attention to detail when coding projects based on Sketch and Photoshop files
- Knowledge of best practices for responsive web design, page speed optimization, browser support, and accessibility
- Basic knowledge and understanding of UI principles
- Problem-solve based on data and have experience with A/B testing platforms and Google Analytics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate project risks and outcomes
- Create and identify opportunities to optimize digital properties
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and deliver high-quality work within deadlines
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence a plus as well as with animal protection issues.
Please submit a cover letter and resume using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is based in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status.